Chapter 11

"Hebihara-sensei, I have the report." Yuna drawled out, entering the science lab with her papers and lunch. "Good, let me see." Hebihara stated as he read her chemistry papers.

As usual, her papers were on point and written well.

"You would've been my top student if you don't sleep in class all the time." Hebihara sighed as he graded the papers. Yuna sat down across him, opening her lunch, "I find it strange myself that I always sleep in your class." She also chirped. After all, she only sleeps through chemistry, any other subject, she was fine.

"... How are the two?" he then asked, rather hesitant. Amused, Yuna picked on her tempura, "Hayato and Taka are doing well, and Kamitani-sensei is fine even if you don't want to ask." She stated before eating her lunch.

Hebihara sighed out, "I only need to know about those two. I don't know that woman." He bluntly said. "How dishonest with himself, just like Hayato." Yuna teased after swallowing her food.

Hebihara's glare made Yuna laugh more, the resemblance too similar to her best friend. She continued to tell him about Taka and Hayato as the man silently listened, except for a few blunt comments.

Hebihara and Hayato were both similar when it comes to being men of few words, and when they speak they're blunt or dishonest with their own feelings. Well, they are father and son.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Kashima was eating all the snacks his classmates gave him since he forgot his lunch in the daycare (the only reason they did that was so that he won't eat Ushimaru's bento) when he saw Hayato's bento box with a strangely familiar blue wrap under it.

"Kamitani, is that Hatogai-san's bento?" he asked as that got all the boys turning to Hayato in shock. Hayato shrugged, "Yeah, told her I wanted to switch lunches with her since she was doing chemistry reports too." He said as if it was normal.

It wasn't in the Class C boys' eyes.

"KAMITANI YOU SLY LUCKY DOG-!!!" they all exclaim in a frenzy. "Hato-Hatogai's homecooked bento!" another shouted as one leaned towards Hayato. "Let me taste Kamitani! Is she a good cook?!" he said as Hayato shielded the bento away from the boys. "Get your own lunch." He stated coldly as he ate more of the lunch.

Just to spite them, hell yeah. The boys were of course annoyed.

Kashima sighed at the chaos and decided to just focus on his chemistry report, he needed to finish it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Yuna in the Science Lab with Hebihara-sensei, she finished her family report and looked at the science teacher with a sigh.

"You know, you could just talk to Kamitani-sensei herself about the kids, or just talk to them yourself. Rather than having me report to you about their well-being in exchange of additional grades." She said, putting her chin on her palm as she picked on her food.

For a student, she was casual with the teacher that liked bullying his students with reports.

She met Hebihara-sensei in 2nd year middle school, one day he called her about her science grades (and the fact he found out it was her who perfectly answered that one chemistry test he lost) and found out that she was close friends with the Kamitani's, more specifically Hayato.

Yuna knew about Hayato's family situation but didn't expect that she would meeting his father this way.

From then, she would get called to his lab to talk about his sons, it's now easier since he's her teacher. She appreciated the fact that he still cared for his sons but didn't exactly like this roundabout way of looking after them.