Prologue

Everyday the house was filled with yelling and fighting. The young 5th grade child hid in her room, covering her ears from the piercing words echoing over the walls.

"I told you Kokomi, I'm not cheating with different women!"

"Lies! Who are the women I saw with you!?"

"I was out with co-workers. I had my fellow male doctors with me!"

"The fact that you have women with you means you're leaving me, Sousuke!"

"I'm fed up with your possessive behavior Kokomi!"

Another sound of breaking glass resounds before a door was slammed. Silence has then taken over the house, as the child slowing removed her hands from her ears. 'Is Mom and Dad done fighting?' she thought sadly. She hated it whenever they fought, and as of late, it has been happening more recently.

There was a time when her family was happy, filled with smiles and laughter.

Where did those times go? She just wished to go back to being the same happy family again.

The child took a deep breath and courageously opened the door and went downstairs. She saw her mother, her long blonde hair draped over her back as she swept the broken glass on the floor. "Mom are you and Dad done fighting?" she meekly asked.

The woman paused, turning to her with soft blue eyes and a sweet smile. "Oh sweetie, your father and I will be fine, do you know why?" she said, voice gentle, as she nears her daughter and patting her hair. "Because your father belongs to our family, he is ours to stay with for the rest of our lives. Your father... Sousuke, is mine to be with. Okay Yuna?" She cooed with a wide smile. The little girl nodded slowly, a bit hesitant, "Yes Mom." She agreed with a smile.

She honestly didn't want to admit that what she heard just then was chilling to the bones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Her mother had lied to her, they weren't okay. The fighting was daily, the yells were louder, and her father was always out. Until one day, during a family dinner with the three present in the dining table for once, and calmly eating their meal. Yuna internally celebrated, it was the first calm encounter in months, maybe this was a turning point for the better!

The celebration was cut short as Sousuke silently slid papers to Kokomi with a frown, "I'm going to England for a job opportunity, let's have a divorce." He bluntly stated. Those words broke the calm, tension suddenly rising in the room. "Divorce...?" Kokomi asked as she scanned the papers. Indeed, they were divorce papers waiting to be signed.

"Yes. We will never work out Kokomi, your possessive behavior is bringing our family down. I have never cheated on you, I have Yuna to care for after all and I have no intentions of committing adultery. But you kept insisting I cheated on you, plagued with shallow jealousy and assumptions. I can't live in a married life of mistrust, so I'm leaving." He stated coldly before standing up.

"Unfortunately, I couldn't bring Yuna with me to England. I would gladly bring her, but my employer didn't allow it. You can have custody over our daughter as long as she has my last name, but I won't stop providing for my daughter either." He hands the shocked woman a pen, "I have made my decision, sign the papers." He icily hissed with a cold glare.

He looked at the woman, his now ex-wife, the woman was still beautiful with her wavy blonde locks and blue colored doe eyes. He was really in love with her you know? He remembered when the woman was considerate and caring, making sure he had the best support system, and he would do all he can to return the affection. They were happy, in love, and wanted to keep going on for a lifetime of joy.