34.

"Found her," Emily said, pointing out the window.

Frank and Tristen's eyes followed her finger out the shattered glass and landed on Jane sauntering across the grounds barefoot in her bikini, ass jiggling with each confident stride, toting the military-grade machine gun in her hands.

"That's... something," Tristen whispered.

Well... at least she honored my 'guns and buns' demand from last night. Frank thought and then shouted, "Jane! Get down! What the hell are you doing?"

Jane heard him but kept walking. She'd already made her decision. If all it took was trading one dead girl for the lives of four living kids, it was worth it. Frank was right—she should've destroyed Roy's head. This was her fault. 

Besides, she reasoned, what do I have to look forward to? 

Even if she and Frank were starting to kindle something, it certainly wouldn't last. She was a zombie, after all. Eventually she'd try to eat him or just rot away locked in the grips of hunger. They couldn't really lure living people to their deaths. It had all sounded like such a reliable plan at the beginning but now, after having met the kids and realizing there were actually survivors out there, she couldn't even fathom the idea.

She walked past the smoldering hulk of the Suburban, feeling her eyes dry out in the heat. She blinked repeatedly, checked that the gun was on multi-shot and kept going. If she was going out, she was going to take as many of those fuckers as she could with her.