"Oh, is that all?" Emma asked.

"Thursdays they pick up Chinese for dinner. I can't get him out of my head."

"I know. Maybe the first step is not showing up her tomorrow."

"Love's the worst. I wish there was a magic cure."

ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

Snow White was hunting a wild turkey in the forest with a spear. She went to take aim, but the turkey flew away.

Red Riding Hood appeared and called, "Hey! It's me."

"Red!" Snow White exclaimed.

"The spear, Snow."

"Oh, sorry." She lowered her spear and walked over to Red Riding Hood. "Wasn't expecting you for a month."

"It's been a month."

"Has it?"

"You're really taking well to the solitude, aren't ya?"

"It's fine. It's exactly what I wanted – to be out here... away."

"And that you are. Here you go." She handed Snow White the basket of food.

"Thank you. So, how are things back in the world?"

"Come on – ask what you really want."

"I don't know what you mean." Red Riding Hood gave Snow White a look. "Okay, fine. Tell me."

"The wedding's happening. Prince James is marrying Midas' daughter. In two days time. You okay?"

"I just thought the longer I was out here, the easier it would be to forget him, but... Instead, all I do is think about him."

"I'm sorry."

"I wish there was a way to get him out of my head. ...What, is there?"

"Of course not. That would be-"

"Red, what do you know? Come on – I helped you when no one else would. What do you know?"

"Well, there are whispers. Whispers of a man who can achieve even the most unholy of requests. A man who can do what you ask."

"Who is this man?"

---

Snow White paddled a rowboat through the fog. She reached a pier, where she got out and tied down her boat.

Rumpelstiltskin appeared behind her in the boat and asked, "How much for this?"

"Excuse me?" Snow White said.

"Your boat. Exquisite craftsmanship."

"It's not for sale."

"Of course it is, dearie. No one comes to see me without a deal in mind."

"So you're Rumpelstiltskin?"

"Indeed, I am. I've been looking forward to meeting you. Wow. You really are the fairest of them all, aren't you? What can I do for you?"

"I need a cure."

"What ails you, child?"

"A broken heart."

"Ah. The most painful of afflictions. Well, I'm afraid if you want me to make him love you, no can do. And nothing can."

"Oh, no. That's not the problem. We can't be together."