"A toast, to our fearless prince," a guard said.

"No, there's no celebrating today," Prince Charming told him. "This was but a simple test. The task before us is too big, too important to make light of. Just because I was easily able to kill this brute, doesn't mean-" Prince Charming was stabbed through the chest by the man he was fighting earlier. He fell to the ground, dead.

---

Inside the castle, Prince Charming's body was laying on an altar. King George was there, along with several guards.

"Goodbye, my son," King George said as some of the guards carried the body away.

"Your Majesty, there is no time to grieve," a guard told him. "If Midas learns he is dead, he will find another warrior to slay his dragon and we will never see an ounce of his gold."

"Yes, yes. The kingdom must survive."

"So what are we to do?"

"I have asked for help. It should be here soon."

Rumpelstiltskin appeared behind them and said, "Oh, it's here."

"Leave us."

"Move," the guard ordered and the guards left the room, and King George and Rumpelstiltskin were left alone.

"So this is how you treat my gifts?" Rumpelstiltskin asked. "You really must be more careful."

"He was not a gift," King George retorted. "He was my son."

"A son I gave you."

"In a deal we made. You did me no favors."

"Yes, yes, I did. Shame you and the queen couldn't conceive a child on your own. My price for that was a pittance. But now that she's gone, well, I assume that conceiving another heir is out of the question – let alone a dragon slayer."

"Then let's do another deal. Bring him back. I need my son to do this. I'll give you anything."

"Anything?"

"What do you want?"

"There's a magic wand I desire. It belongs to a certain fairy godmother, who's patron to your family. And I want to know her whereabouts."

"Done. Now tell me – how do I bring my son back to slay the dragon?"

"Bring him back? Oh, no, that's out of the question. He's dead. Magic can do much, but not that."

"But you just said-"

"Nothing about resurrection."

"Then, my kingdom is lost. I'm alone."

"Oh, dear. Oh, dearie dearie dear. Did I not tell you, that I could have your son slay the dragon? And am I not a man of my word?"

"I thought you said he was gone forever?"

"Oh, that he is. But his brother..."

"His what?"

"His twin brother. Did I not mention there was another?"

———–

Prince Charming's twin was in a field. He was a shepherd.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT DAY

Mary Margaret scrubbed a dish in her kitchen as Emma entered, followed by Jackie.

"You might want to ease up, or that Brillo pad's going to press charges," Emma said.