Chapter 6

"H-h-h-h-help... H-help!... HELP! Master? Anyone! Please!"

N-no! Please! The beast of the Ichor Eclipse tribe, the first encounter of a true monster, the wolf-like appearance of a creature that spawned from the underworld region. It is born from the lunar eclipse and will remain on the overworld until someone slew it.

As a whelp, this beast has been a nightmare for a while. After a few weeks or so, I finally got it off my head. Now, it's back...

Help... Master... Please... Anyone...

The beast roared and pounced. Defenseless I am as a young dragon. I had no knowledge of magic or had the gut to attack using my claws and teeth. It was too horrid, and I was alone... No... Not alone...

"Don't worry! Your knight and shining armorless friend has come to your aid!!!"

Sylaphie... She's always there, even though my master had to come in and instantly entrapped the creature into a cage. My dryad friend was injured but brought enough time for the actual support to arrive. She was always the odd and brave one, a rascal of the forest and willing to carelessly take all the blames and dangers for me.

A few centuries later, when she became the queen after her mother passed away, she had no time for me, and we went our separate ways. It upset both of us, but to maintain the balance, she had to...

For my duty, I had to be the guardian of Dryalph. Conversely, adventures thought I was hostile and attempted to eliminate me, and she wasn't there to clear the misunderstanding. On the final day of my dragon life, the world hurt me... Not by the sword... By betrayal...

C-can... I... Forgive her?

◇◇◇◇◇

The queen dryad softly stood on the spine of the creature before she darted into the sky and levitated in mid-air. Two large leaves swirled under her turquoise boots, her bracer covering the upper arm; Claps of greeting.

All the wind around her created a barrier for the ceiling. Her ponytail swayed, and the short pants and bandages around her chest weren't affected much. The springtide leaf on her air remained as well.

As soon as her right finger reached to her lips—commencing a whistle to begin the battle—I interrupted by casting a flash orb at the sky near her.

"Everyone! Heads down!" I commanded as the orb shattered.

When everyone looked away from the orb, the bright light exploded, temporarily blinding the dryad queen, Sylaphie, for enough time to convince her. The white radiant enveloped and vanished, and we raised our head to view the forest humanoid, stunned and a little agitated.

"Oyah! That wasn't friendly! You should be in combat with my beasty friend. It's cheating going after me!" She complained, steadily opened her eyes as she saw me having my right hand raised. "It was you, wasn't it? Why are you causing trouble to a queen? I did nothing wrong."

...Yes... Yes, you did... When you released the beast from the underworld, I had fear in my eyes and a glare that blamed you for it. How could you free a monster that almost killed us both? Nonetheless, it could have eaten us when my master wasn't there, you idiot!

"You are a stupid queen!" I insulted her as we had always done before. "Is it necessary to have an ichor beast for your entertainment! You know that creature almost killed you once before! Remember!"

I pointed at the devilish beast who was growling at Kagekome, sniffing the intense shadow and dark scent that he emitted. Whenever my servant strolled around the beast, its eyes glared at him as if it held a grudge against him. The three of us didn't grab its attention a single bit!