Chapter 3

"Rivu~chan, I have to take a trip to a dangerous place so I can't bring you along with me. You'll have to stay here for a while by yourself."

"Why? I want to come along with you! You always allowed me to follow you around."

The past is like a fruit cake, full of layers of random fruits and memories. For the given fruit in the past, I always remembered its bitter melon.

Not a typical fruit you add to cake. To be honest, it is a healthy fruit for you to remember, not forgetting the bitterness you receive, so you will not forget what you are.

I am swallowing healthy poison — hurt, but I have to because it hurt more to neglect.

"Don't worry, it's only gonna be for a week, then I return. For now, I'll set you free temporarily so you won't follow me and get yourself hurt."

"But... You can not just walk away, if it is dangerous, I shall follow!"

This is too much for me to bear, the pain of someone leaving and perhaps lying as well. It's difficult for my heart, yet I am still able to contain this feeling.

"I'll be back, I promise. You know me, I always keep my promise. So wait here for me, alright? And also, you have nature to protect you also... Goodbye... Rivu-chan."

Weeks and months, I have waited patiently, he did not return to me. His promise shattered in the sea. I have stayed for many years in the forest, having critters and dryads as my secondary friends.

Nevertheless, he abandoned me, a reason why he decided to let me free until he returns... He never did.

And once again, on my death, the forest creatures left me to see my next life... Cruel.

I have my reincarnated life to return to, my beautiful world.

◇◇◇◇◇

In my bedroom are two kids and a sun that shined through the pink window curtain. Two kids, one is royalty, and another is an annoying servant dragon... Ahem, I meant human because that is the body he's in now somehow.

It is a clash between an aristocrat and a servant whose soul I managed to save. It's something that never happened to me. Therefore I don't understand how this works... AHH! Never mind, if I have to clobber him so he could obey, then I will do it!

An atmosphere of conflict crowded my room. Most of it came from me because I couldn't help it. He had barely any respect for me; I have a name!

"HIYAA!!!" Maybe that was too much?

I quickly sprinted to the edge of the bed, then leaped off into the mid-air in front of the dragon... Ughh, human — clearly, he has a name. It isn't my fault I'm mentally called him human.

His expression was slightly vague, mostly surprised and anxious about what my next move would be. Last time, it was my Elder Beam attack right at his forehead, which he dodged. This time, he won't be able to evade my physical movement and be forced to submit!

A wild double heel kick to the forehead! It would be enough to hurt him, and without knocking him out, a painful way to still be conscious. The force was like a pillow stuffed with bouncy pellets, a powerful potency of strength on your head that might leave a bruise, and the pillow immediately bounced off.

That is me, the pillow that hurt the human — I should ask what his name is!

A pillow that weighed feathers, bouncing off his head like an elegant dancer on the field of beautiful violet and indigo flowers under the bright full moon.