Chapter 8

THE NEXT DAY, Shawn and Esel visited the Ob-Gyne that Esel's mother suggested. Esel finished all the work for today, kaya nasamahan siya nito. Shawn, was roaming her eyes around the clinic. There's a lot of maternity notes and baby picture's. When the doctor called her for the ultrasound, agad siyang sumunod dito.

"Higa ka lang diyan, Mrs.Walter." said the Doctor while smiling genuinely at her. Gumaan ang pakiramdam niya dahil doon. Honestly, she was nervous because this is her first time. "Good thing you wear tee shirt, paki taas nalang hanggang dibdib then Mr. Walter, please help your wife unbutton her pants."

Esel immediately entered the room covered with blue curtains and unbuttoned her pants. Shawn flinched when she felt a cold thing on her stomach, ikinalat 'yon ng doctor hanggang sa puson niya. Then the Doctor started to do her thing, while she and Esel was looking at the monitor weirdly. And when the doctor pointed a small bean a like, she started tearing up. Her baby looks like a bean inside her tummy.

"See that? Yes that... that's your baby. Normal naman ang heart beat niya ang thank God dahil hindi maselan ang pagbubuntis mo. Mahigpit ang kapit ni baby sayo." the doctor said making her teared up more. Hinaplos ni Esel ang noo niya at pinunasan ang luha na tumutulo sa pisngi niya.

"Can I take a picture?" Esel asked.

Doctora chuckled. "I'll give you a copy. Don't worry." she said and turned her back on us to get a wipes and tissue at iniabot 'yon kay Esel. "Wipe the gel. I'll wait on my table, magrereseta ako ng vitamins and milk na iinumin niya." They both nodded their heads.

Esel dipped his head and kissed her forehead. Shawn was taken a back with her husband actions, iniisip tuloy niya kung anong klaseng pagkain ang naipakain niya sa asawa. But there's none. He just asked her to make his coffee.

"You look surprised." Esel taunted and gently wiped the gel on her stomach.

"Hoy! May sakit ka ba? Bakit mo ako hinalikan sa noo?" sarkastikong tanong niya sa asawa. Well, if being sarcastic is the key to hide what she's feeling right now. Then she'll go used sarcasm. Kasi tangina, kinikilig siya!

"I'm just happy." he answered and fix her pants.

"Thank you! Itayo mo na ako, hahalikan kita dali!" she cheerfully beamed at him. Inangat niya ang mga braso at naiilig na marahan siyang hinila ni Esel paupo.

"My kiss?" nakataas ang kilay na tanong nito. She puckered her lips and pressed it against his lips. She did it three times and stood up, iniiwasan ang posibilidad na makagawa sila ng milagro.

Nakangiting umupo siya sa visitor's chair sa harap ng lamesa ni Doctora.

"Here, make sure you'll take the vitamins everyday and drink your milk. It's for the baby, kaya kahit nag-iiba ang panlasa mo pilitin mo parin uminom okay?" tumango siya sa bilin ng Doctora.

May mga hinabilin pa sa kanya ang Doctora at tahimik lang siyang nakikinig. Sinasaulo lahat ng mga bawal sa kanya. Such as strenuous activity and above all, stress. Tama lang pala na pinag bakasyon muna siya ng magulang niya. Lahat ng kaso na hawak niya, pinahawak sa matalik na kaibigan niya, si Garnet. Shawn trust her friend, she'll win all her case.

They we're talking smoothly not until Esel interrupted them and asked the most unexpected question!

"Is sex prohibited?" namanhid ang ulo ni Shawn dahil sa kahihiyan. Yes, siya ang nahiya para sa asawa.

Doctora Jean laughed. "Like Father, like Son, I see. No, you can do sex. Pero dahan dahan lang." she answered without blinking.

"Nice!" Esel exclaimed.