anywhere with you

Happy reading!!

A month later.

"And then", Mike said, "she grabbed the collar of the guy and punched him hard in his face."

"She did?" Pam laughed with disbelief.

Boss said, "We should have seen it."

It was a free period for the wildflowers and Win was sitting at the last benches with his friends. Mike was telling them how sassy Mercy was. They had been on a couple dates now and it was obvious that Mike loved spending time with her.

A hand snaked around Win's waist from behind and a chiseled, ebony face rested it's chin on his shoulder.

"Hi baby", Bright whispered.

"Hi bratty", Win smiled.

"Awwww!!" came five voices in unison.

"Hi baby..", said Pam, imitating Bright.

"Hi bratty!", Said Fong.

They all laughed.

Bright flashed his middle finger to them as he dragged Win to the window, away from his shitty friends.

"Is your mom doing well?" Bright asked.

Win nodded.

Win had told Bright about his mother's anxiety after knowing that Bright's father was a psychologist. He told how her anxieties never allowed her to settle at one place as she would begin to crave for a fresh start after certain period of time. Win had tried talking to her before but he knew she needed professional help. Besides, leaving places was not a big deal for him before but now he had something to hold on to in this beautiful city. His friends and his boyfriend. Bright's father was often away from city for social projects but he arranged a one month session for Mrs. Fina with one of his colleagues. So far, it had been fine for her.

"Mom has invited you for dinner tonight."

"Okay", Bright said, "but first, I want to take you somewhere after school.  Would you come?"

"Anywhere with you." Win smiled.

.......

Win dozed off while Bright was driving. He was taking him to the riverside as he remembered Win mentioning how he loved to visit riverside of his hometown with his father when he was a kid. Bright looked at Win and smiled. They had been dating for a month now. Well, officially. And it had been as beautiful of a ride as they expected, perhaps even better. They became closer with each passing day, going out on dates, taking care of each other. It was beautiful, Bright thought, the way Win had changed him for better. And he knew this feeling was mutual. Their relationship was as Win would joke, a mutual symbiosis where both were bringing out the best of each other. Nothing much changed, except they flirted more and bickered less, for now they had learnt that communication is the elixir.

"Baby.." Bright softly whispered, stroking Win's cheeks.

Win woke up, "are we there?"

Bright nodded. He was excited for his plan.

Bright grabbed Win's hand and guided him to the bank. It was already early evening, they must have spent a lot of time eating at the cafe. The orange glow of sun had scattered to the other parts of sky, adding a pink tint to the weather. The river was reflecting a slight sheen of the small silver waves, flowing with the soft breeze. Bright had prepared everything for their mini romantic escape. He unfolded the mattress and sat next to Win who was still enchanted by the view.