I am sorry

Happy reading!!

"Hey Win!" said Mike, "come sit with us."
Win looked at him and then at Bright, who hadn't spoken a word to him since morning. He remembered how he also avoided him when he asked Bright if he had extra pen.

"People should know how to handle their business." That's what he said before giving him a pen. The worst part was that Win didn't know if taking the pen was a good idea so he asked Fong instead. Needless to say, it pissed him off even more. The first half of the day was torturous to Win. It's not like he missed Bright's annoying smirk or lame jokes or cheesy pick up lines. He was just guilty.

"Umm..I think not everyone is going to be comfortable." He said.

Safe.

"Oh come on Win!" Pam said, "He is dying to sit with you."

"And you are dying to be kicked", said Bright to Pam.

"I'll probably go", Win said, hoping Bright would stop him. But instead his friends forced him to sit and just then, Bright left saying he had some buisness to do.

"Seriously, what have you done?" Asked Fong curiously.

Win thought for a moment and then said, "will you guys help me?"

......

Later in the class.

Win looked at Bright laughing with his friends and for the first time, Win realised Bright reminded him of Sheryl, his pet dog who died last year. Fierce but very cute. He recalled how Sheryl would sulk everytime Win ignored or shouted at him. He smiled hoping that at the end of the day, Bright would melt too just like how Sheryl would once Win started pampering him.

Win broke the chain of thoughts and walked to Bright, "I want to go to library."

Bright blinked a few times and said, "and how am I interfering in that?"

Win's patience was losing. For the love of Sheryl, he continued, "I don't know where it is, take me there."

"Why would I?"

"Because you are the CR", said Green from behind, still bitter about his post.

Bright rolled his eyes, "Boss..."

"I need to pee." Boss left.

"Mike..."

"He cannot pee without me."

Win almost grimaced hearing that. He had expected a less gross excuse from them.

"Pam.." Bright said to Pam but then decided against it when she whispered to him, "you know I always wanted to make out with someone in library."

Bright had no choice. They were walking when Win stopped him mid way near the gallary and dragged him to the field. He was looking ahead, oblivious to Bright's smile that he was trying his level best to hide. Why wouldn't Win corner him sooner? He waited for this since morning.

They sat on the stairs and Win spoke first, "It was you, wasn't it?"

Bright shrugged.

Win said again, "the mechanic. You sent him."
Bright was dumbfounded, how could he find out?

Win smiled at him, Bright was frustratingly adorable.

"I only asked for his phone and never told him I needed help with my car. But somehow he knew." Win explained.

Bright was embarrassed, he didn't know what to say. He remembered he wanted to leave Win alone but then couldn't help coming back just in a minute to see if he was still there.

"Thank you", Win said in a small voice, "for being nice to me. Even when I was not."

"You're welcome, I guess?" Bright said hesitantly.

He was not good at recieving compliments. Not from the man who was making him shy.

"Also.." Win started not knowing how to say it. He could not remember when was the last time he apologized to someone. It was hard, indeed hard for him.

"I'm listening", Bright said, deriving so much pleasure from seeing the intimidating guy lowering down his esteem.

After a pause when came nothing from Win's side, Bright got up from the stairs.
"It's okay", Bright said provoking the lad, "I too shouldn't have interfered..."

"I swear if you say that one more time Chivaaree", Win got up from and turned to go when Bright held him by his wrist, coming a little closer.

"Say that you're sorry", Bright whispered in Win's ears.

A heavy bolt of electricity ran down Win's spine.

"W-what?"

"Say that you are sorry", Bright said again, this time with more conviction.

Win looked in his eyes, was Bright flirting?

His eyes landed on other boy's lips and Bright licked his own.

Yep, he was flirting, Win thought.

"Would you forgive me if I say so?"

Bright gave out a little smile, "why not."

Win sighed. He could do this. He imagined Bright as a puppy, wagging his tail, following Win for an apologetic cuddle. Win giggled at the thought. This made it easy for Win and so he said, "I'm sorry."

Bright's lips crooked in a goofy smile and he let go of Win's wrist.

"I'll forgive you on one condition."

"What?" Win asked impatiently. The game was frustrating him to the core.

Bright pretended to think for a while after which he finally said, "get me the justice. It's your turn now."

Bright walked away, leaving a perplexed and fuming Win behind.

"There is no way I will take off my shirt in the class!" Win shouted.

"I never said a thing about class sweetheart."

💚🤍