young love

Happy reading!!

"Win, are you okay?" Mrs. Fina asked. Win had been spacing out a lot lately. She thought he might be stressed about the event which was on Saturday but now that she traced sadness on his face, she feared it might have something to do with Bright. It was not hidden from her how much Win cherished Bright. He was his best friend. Probably, more than that. Win never denied when Luke would tease him. But lately, she hadn't been hearing about Bright from Win.

"Win?" She asked again.

"Huh?" Win said cluelessly.

"Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah", he said assuringly, "Guess I'm just nervous about the event."

"Something happened with Bright, right?"

Win froze on the said person's mention. Was he that obvious? He just looked at his mother and noticing how it was more like a statement than a question, he concluded there was no use denying it.

"I think he's ignoring me." Win said.

His mother said, "Why would he do that?"

"I don't know mom", Win sighed.

It was difficult to explain. Instincts, that was all the basis of his analysis. It's not like Bright had changed or anything. He was just busy. Yes, a lot busier than he ever was. And heaven knew why for he would never say a word to Win. He remembered after their conversation in library, Bright would always stay back unlike other days when they used to hang out together. And when Win finally mustered courage to express his thoughts, Bright told him he was just allowing Win to focus better. Win never said Bright distracted him. Bright was Win's daily dose of serotonin for god's sake. Didn't Bright already know that? However, he didn't wanna think too much for even Win was busy most of the times. Right, timing was a bitch. It had always been. But was that all that there was? He didn't remember when was the last time they talked freely.

"Was he rude?" His mother asked, despite knowing Bright would never be rude, not to her son.

"No mom", Win said, "he keeps making excuses. We haven't talked for a while now. And this other day..."

His voice trailed off, not sure how much should he share with his mother. She knew about Win's sexuality. Did she also know he liked Bright?

"Take your time", She said sweetly.

"This other day," he said, "I heard a girl's voice when I called him. He told me he was home."

Mrs. Fina smiled. Her heart was glad to think Win had finally found someone he could complain about to her. Bright was a good news.

"Young love!" She chuckled.

"Mom!" Win said embarrassingly.

He felt better after opening up to his mother who told him to talk to Bright about this.

"Communication", she said, "is the key Win. Without love, a relationship might end. But without communication, it doesn't even begin. Even if it does, toxicity is all that stays. And you have seen all of it very clearly."

Win sighed. He caressed his mother's shoulder, "Thank you mom. I love you."

"I love you too son. Now go and say it to that brat, will you?

Win blushed. He was probably not entirely convinced that it was a good idea to profess impulsively but he was going to talk to Bright anyway. He doubted he could wait till Saturday, despite it being only two days away. School was officially closed as there were preparations going on. So he instead texted Bright, I'm coming over."