Chapter 3

One of the reasons Itachi loved Sakura so much was because she was so much like him. She was adorable and sweet to the point that no one would think she would ever do something wrong, but he knew behind that cute exterior she could be a little demon. 

He had seen her "accidentally" tripping people that she just so happened to dislike as they walked past her. She had devoted time and effort to collecting bees all to place them in the vicinity of a man allergic to them. She had placed itching powder in the bedsheets of a maid that was always scolding her. 

Sakura really disliked this particular maid because he had also seen her tipping over a basket of freshly-washed laundry into the ground where they became all dirty and the maid had to wash them again.

Today, he'd been following her again like he usually did in his free time.

He was now hiding in a tree in a forest trail, watching as Sakura got up to some more mischief. There were several girls that had been bullying her for silly things like her hair color. Today, Sakura was planning on exacting her revenge on them. 

She had a little rope that she tied across two trees, low to the floor and directly in front of the small dirt path. The rope was thin but sturdy and blended in well with the ground. Enough that if you weren't looking for it, you definitely wouldn't see it.

He watched in amusement as she clumsily pulled herself up onto a tree branch and scampered up a small tree that sat a little way in front of the one he himself was on once she was satisfied with the way she had placed the rope. She climbed up quite high and hid in between the leaves, similar to the way he was hiding. 

They waited there for almost 10 minutes before three girls chattering away like little birds started coming up the path. They looked to be about ten or eleven years old.

The three girls continued their trek down the trail, completely unaware of what was coming. It had been raining for the past few days so the ground was still damp and there were quite a lot of puddles. The girls reached the spot where Sakura had tied the rope and unfortunately for them, didn't realize it was there until it was too late. 

The first girl tripped on the rope, landing face-first in a puddle. The other two rushed forward in surprise to help her and also ended up tripping, straight into the puddle. They lifted themselves up and started screaming at the state of their gowns and hair. Their faces were covered in dirt and their dresses were soaking wet and muddy.

It would certainly take a good wash to get the mud out of their hair and clothes.

They whined as they started walking away, resigned to their fate of walking home with dirty dresses and receiving quite a scolding from their mothers. Not only would they be itchy and uncomfortable, but it would be quite embarrassing if they happened to cross paths with anyone on their way home.

He looked to Sakura from above as she watched the girls run away with a big Cheshire grin on her face. She waited until the girls were out of sight before jumped down from the tree and back onto the ground, snickering the whole way down.

"Serves them right!" she said in her squeaky, high-pitched voice, waving her little fist in their direction. 

She went over to the base of the trees and untied the rope, throwing it into the tall grass that surrounded the trail. Itachi watched as she walked away, presumably back to her own home. He waited until she was out of ear-shot before he too, began to chuckle.

------------------------------------------------

Check Out My Other Works!