(19)

Gon's eyes widen and he hesitates to answer. Eventually, he pulled off a painful expression. He yelled towards me while I kept staring forward.

"I'd never be scared of my friends b-but Y/n! H-how could you do that to someone?? What did they ever do to you?!"

I put my head low in between my legs then throw my head back onto the tree. I sigh and look over at Gon with a relaxed face. Gon looks at me with the same expression but stands up on his branch. I suddenly disappear from the bough I was on and start multiplying around Gon at an unbelievable pace. I start answering his previous question while my voice echoed loudly.

"that's my job, gon. i kill, i get feared, and i steal."

I pause for a little then continue,

"it's all because i'm the phantom troupe's body. i am, the spider."

I stop multiplying around him and become one person again. I stand behind Gon with a knife on his neck. He doesn't move and just stands there in fear. I put a little more pressure on the knife and it bleeds lightly.

"b-before... before you kill me, where's your tattoo...?"

My eyebrow twitches upward in amusement, i respond,

"no, you cant. cause it's on my back."

I stare at the dripping blood for a while but then catch hold of reality. I ask,

"you ready?"

"f-for what?"

"the end."

...

ᵍᵒⁿ'ˢ ᵖᵒᵛ

"NO!"

I yell while opening my eyes. I breathe deeply and fast while putting my hand on my chest. My shaky hands make their way onto my neck. As I feel no cut I understand that it was only a nightmare. I calm down after a while and rest my head on the tree. I then remember where I'm at and start looking around at my surroundings.

I look down and see a guy in a purple shirt while Pokkle was behind. Pokkle aimed at him with an arrow and fired. The guy took notice and dodged quickly. Sadly, he was still hit. They started bickering but eventually, the guy fell and was paralyzed. Once Pokkle took his badge and was gone I jumped down from the tree and thought to myself for a while.

...

"Ah! So that's how you hunt!"

I say proudly. I think back in my head,

If I'm going to have any chance of stealing Hisoka's badge, that's the only way.

...

ʸ/ⁿ'ˢ ᵖᵒᵛ

I casually wash my hair under a waterfall. I squint my eyes a little due to the ringing in my ear but finish up by washing my body and coming out of the water. I get back up on the grass and stand up in the open and start to feel like I'm being watched. I summon a knife behind a towel and start drying myself off. Once I wrap the towel around my body I grab hold of the knife and look towards the person. They were kinda far away but I still threw the knife and hit them accurately.

"gross."

I get my attire on and teleport to the body. I look down and see the body. I grab the badge off of him and put it in my pocket. I sigh and rub my forehead.

"i'm already halfway done."

I look at the body and look down. I sense people's presence down there and kick the body off the cliff. I sneer lightly as I hear screams at the bottom then I start walking away towards where I think I sense illumi.