"Well, why don't you tell me then?"

"Because I don't even know you!"

"That can change" I said.

I didn't know whether I was going along with my plan or whether I just wanted to know her and wanted her to know me. All my plans went out the window when I was near her. I didn't care about my plan, I didn't care about getting information, my judgement was clouded.

What was it about her that made me feel so carefree? Was it her amusing attitude? Was it her strong presence that made everything else not matter?

Whatever it was, I had to stop thinking about it.

"What are you suggesting?" She asked crossing her arms raising an eyebrow.

"Let's get to know each other. Let's hang out together"

"Don't you have anything better to do?"

"Is this a yes or no?" I asked.

She took a few seconds to think about it before letting out a sigh, "Fine"

I couldn't hide my smile. I was genuinely happy even if this was all fake. I told myself it didn't have to be fake, but I couldn't let my feelings get in the way.

"Give me your phone" I said.

"Why?"

"Just give it to me"

"I am not giving my precious phone to a stranger. I paid for this with my own money"

I rolled my eyes, "I just want to give you my phone number, stupid"

"Who said I want it?"

This girl.

I leaned a little closer, towering over her. She took a few steps back to keep the distance between us, but she hit the wall.

Her expression was priceless. She looked so flustered with her cute furrowed brows and her wide brown eyes. I was not used to seeing her like this, but I was definitely hoping I'd see more of it.

"Tessa sweetheart, give me your number, please"

"Only because you were nice" She said quickly trying to hide her flustered expression and took out her phone.

After finally giving me her phone number, I was about to say goodbye to her and leave, but we heard some voices.

"Tessa!?" Someone called out.

"The girls!" Tessa whispered in shock.

"I-" She put her palm on my mouth interrupting me.

"I'll never hear the end of it if they see us here, I have to go. Bye!" She said and ran away, probably to find her friends.

The way she runs is really cute.

I texted her later that day asking her to hang out tomorrow, but she hadn't replied yet. I was with Ares and Nate and I was dying to check my phone, but it would be suspicious since I've been doing it every five minutes.

I didn't even know why I was so eager to get a text from her.

"That phone seems to be really interesting, right Leo?" Nate said.

I turned to glare at him, "No"

"Someone's getting defensive. Any secret you'd like to share?" He asked smirking.

Ares was interested in the conversation now too. I'd messed up big time.

"No"

"Sure" Nate mumbled raising an eyebrow at me before turning his attention elsewhere.

But Ares was still staring at me. He seemed to be in deep thought too. I was honestly getting worried. He might be one of my best friends, but he was a dangerous man and I respected him a lot. I'd hate to disappoint him. I was beyong grateful for everything he had done for me.

"Leo, can I talk to you?" He asked.

"Of course" I said.

"In private" He said throwing a glare at Nate.

Nate sighed rolling his eyes and stood up before walking out of the room.

I sat up straight and looked at Ares.

I shouldn't seem nervous. He will misunderstand everything and think I'm betraying him.

"Be honest with me, are you hiding something?" He asked.

"I-" before I could finish I heard a notification from my phone and glanced at the screen to see Tessa had replied to me. As hard as I tried I couldn't hold back my smile.

"Well?" Ares asked. His serious expression now gone, replaced by a smirk.

Fuck. He probably saw me smiling and assumed something.

I was torn between telling half of the truth and lying. Maybe if I told him it is personal he would understand, but was it really worth the risk? On the other hand, if I lied and said no, would he be able to see right through me and my lies?

"Yes, I am hiding something. It is something personal and I don't want to involve any of you yet. Please understand" I said.

The things I do for you and your safety, Tessa...

He nodded, "Thank you for being honest. I will respect your privacy and not ask questions, but if I suspect that's it's something else I will have to ask again" He said.

I nodded, "Thank you"

"You can go"

I nodded once again and left the room, eager to see what Tessa had texted me.

Tessa
Can I say no?

I rolled my eyes and typed a reply.

                                                         Me
It's your choice. I won't force you to do anything you don't want to.

She took a few minutes to reply.

Tessa
That's big coming from you.

Me
Answer my question.

I waited a few minutes, but she didn't reply.

I will die from anxiety if she doesn't reply right now.

But she didn't and it didn't look like she would anytime soon.

I didn't know why I was so eager and anxious to get a text from her. I was acting really strange, I didn't even know how to describe it.

The only thing I knew was, I was experiencing new emotions and I hated it and loved it at the same time.