chapter 1 strange girl

Violet

I sighed and walked into my new school getting my schedule from the principal's office and getting a small tour around the school until the bell rang and we went to our first class.

"We're in the same class so i'll show you where that is," Natalie says.

"Thank you"

"No problem I love meeting new people especially at the school"

she seems sweet.

We walked to our first class, I stood there awkwardly while the teacher introduced me to the class.

"There's an open seat next to Billie, Billie please raise your hand so we know who you are"

A girl with blonde hair raised her hand while some of my classmates gave me a certain look like almost if they felt bad for me or something.

I went over to my seat and sat down looking over at billie giving her an awkward smile, she did the same waving a bit before putting on her headphones covering it with her hood of her sweater, half an hour passed and the bell rang, we all packed up but I saw that Billie had fallen asleep.

"Tap her shoulder please," the teacher said.

I tapped her shoulder waking her up, she looked around for a moment before packing up heading to her next class, she seems like I pretty strange girl, I like strange.

We walked out to the hallway and a boy came up behind her startling her.

"Jesus Damien you scared me," she laughed.

Her voice sounded angelic.

"Sorry B I'll make it up to you," he gave her a firey looking rose from behind his back.

"Oh my god it's so pretty,"

"Just like you beautiful," he cupped her cheeks and they kissed.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too"

"Alright I wouldn't want you to be late"

"Wait one more," she pulled him back and they kissed a couple times before pulling away.

"Bye," she said.

"Bye," he touched her chin then left.

She then spotted me and waved, I waved back kind of embarrassed that I was staring for too long.

Billie

After school I walked over to the elementary school to pick up my sister, she spotted me running up to me giving me a big hug.

"Hi I missed you so much"

"I missed you too big sissy"

"Ready to go?"

"Mhm" she nodded looking down at her little feet

"Hey.. things are going to get better okay?

"Okay"

"C'mon you hungry?"

"can you make spaghetti?"

"Okay"

"Yay"

We walked home which wasn't too far from the school. we got home and I got started on dinner. No one was here just me and Adelaide, after I was done I put food on the plate for both of us and cleaned up the house a little bit before my mom and her husband come back home, I was in the living room playing with my sister until i heard the door unlock.

"Go up to your room" I told Adelaide

"-I see you've already made dinner"

my mom and Luis walks in

"Yeah Adelaide wanted spaghetti"

"Yeah okay um I'm going to need you to take Adelaide to school tomorrow"

"I can't because imma be late for my school"

She slapped me across the face.

"What have I told you about talking back to me"

"I-I'm sorry" I stuttered holding back tears

"Where's Adelaide?"

"S-she's in her room"

"Good now go to yours"

I walked away going to my room heading straight for the shower, after I got out I did my homework, watched a movie and fell asleep.

I'll first start off by saying that my life isn't perfect at all, my mom divorced my dad and forced us to have no contact with him.

My mom and her new husband are abusive towards me and my 5 year old sister Adelaide. I take most of the beatings because I'd do anything to protect my sister from that man.

I also get bullied a lot at school, the only people that make my life alright is my boyfriend because he's understanding and excepts me for me, my two best friends Zoe and Drew, and my sister obviously. These are the people in my life that I'm too afraid to leave behind.

Other than that my life is shit.

____

"Billieee," Adelaide shook me awake

"Whaaaat," I groaned

" I can't sleep can I sleep with you?"

"c'mon," I sighed

She climbed into bed and we cuddled up together while she laid her head on my chest.

"...I love you so much," I kissed her forehead and ran my hands through her hair.

"I love you too big sissy"

"Goodnight baby"

"Goodnight," she sat up and kissed my cheek making me smile

In the morning, I got up, brushed my teeth, and washed my face. I put on a grey soto gang hoodie with matching sweats, and a couple rings. I Went downstairs to make breakfast for the both of us.

My mom and Luis already left for work, so it was just me and Adelaide which I liked because it's peaceful, just the two of us.

I went over to Adelaide while she was still peacefully asleep. I lightly shook her awake so I can get her ready for the day.

"Hey It's time to get up"

I whispered in her ear making her groan

"I made breakfast how does pancakes sound"

She looks at me and smiles.

"C'mon" I pick her up getting her dressed and doing her hair before taking her downstairs to eat, after she ate we got on our shoes and I walked her to her school.

"Bye bub" I hugged her

"Bye big sissy"

I walked to my school mentally preparing myself for absolute hell. I give my teacher a late slip and walk to my seat of first period.