Part 8

Flashback:

Arnav's POV:

I was 18, i just got my 12th results and as unexpected it may sound i scored the highest. But then i was still not happy, seeing how my uncle was working hard for providing for the family.

I wanted to use my result to do something big. But then i had no idea.
I was always good in arts, one day i was really stressed not knowing what to do, i just on a corner bench in a park, and just to release my stress, i started painting.

Suddenly two girls came and sat beside me.
I could feel their gaze on me, but still kept doing my work.

Suddenly one of them started talking.

Girl 1: hey. you are such a great artist..

Arnav: thanks.

Girl 2: what happend? you are tensed!

Arnav: nothing.

Girl 1: you can tell us. we wont judge you. we know everyone faces problems. we too will share our secret with you.

Arnav thought for sometime.

Arnav: okay i will. But then first you start. 

Girl 1: okay. so i will say my secret i own millions, as after my parents death all the properties and money came to me. but i have to hide it for next two years. As i will be 18 after 2 years.

Arnav was shocked how could someone share such a big thing about themselves with a stranger.

Girl 2: okay now turn, my parents died in an accident a year back. And now i am staying in her mansion hiding from others with kaka, and kamala didi.

Arnav was again shocked.

Arnav: how can you share such big secrets with a stranger.

Girl 1: because we trust you.

arnav: and how can you trust me? i might just kill you two here, and run away taking all your money.

Girl 2: if you could even be thinking like this you wouldnt have asked us in the first place.  So we trust you.

Arnav: Okay, my secret is, i lost my parents too. now i am living with nani and mama. but seeing my mama working day and night i just to help him. I dont know what to do.

He turns to the girls and see them sharing glances with each other.

Arnav: what happened?

Girl 1: umm, do you want to go abroad for higher studies? have you heard about harvard university?

Arnav: ofcourse i have. but why are you asking? oh no. i cant take your help you know. we dont even know each other!

Girl 2:  no actually we are going there, i have got scholarship there for fashion designing. There are still few spaces for scholarship students. ans seeing you drawing, i can say you are much better than me. So you can apply.

Arnav: Umm but...

Girl 1: no buts. we are sure you will get selected. you should apply in 2 days its ending.

Arnav: though firstly i am not sure i will get selected. even if i get selected how will i go and live there. i have no auch sources.

Girl 1: if you dont mind, you can borrow from me, my babuji will pay for you. after you are successful and start earning on your own. Then, you give it back.

Arnav: but..

Girl 2: no but... take me as your sister yaar. And trust me, you are going to get selected. and you can apply for hostel facilities like us. we dont know anyone there, we got allocated to the girls hostel. that will be an option in the form itself.