chapter 1

The first time he saw her he was only 13. They were at a large gala with many nobles of different clans. He had been walking beside his cousin Shisui when she passed him in the crowd. Even within that throng of people, she was able to catch his eye. All he saw was a blur of pink and he was compelled to follow it, turning his head to see with more clarity. 

His eyes found her again, and he found her dazzling.

----------------------

"Mebuki, is it just me, or is the Uchiha heir staring at our daughter with a little too much interest?" Kizashi Haruno whispered questioningly to his wife as he watched the heir to the throne following his six-year-old daughter's movements with his eyes.

Mebuki turned to look at Itachi Uchiha and noticed that he was, indeed, seemingly staring at Sakura. 

"Let's see." She said simply and turned to her daughter, softly calling her name, "Sakura, go introduce yourself to Hinata Hyuga, I hear she's a very sweet girl." 

Sakura nodded and like the obedient little girl she was went off to do exactly what her mother had told her. 

Mebuki and Kizashi then looked back to Itachi to once and for all confirm if he really was staring at Sakura or if they'd just imagined it. To their surprise, the minute Sakura moved his eyes went with her. They saw him follow her through the crowd with his gaze and even turn his body a little when she started to move out of his direct line of sight. 

Mebuki immediately felt extremely pleased.

She wasn't sure what exactly Itachi Uchiha wanted with her daughter, and at the moment she was much too young for anything to happen between them, but something could most certainly come of this. 

Who wouldn't be pleased about the idea of their daughter possibly being involved with the next prince of Konoha?

Mebuki turned to her husband with a smile and conspiratorially whispered, "We'll talk more about this at home." It wouldn't do to discuss their plans out in the open like this after all. Besides, they had a gala to enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Out my Other Works!