CHAPTER 5

° ○ ☆ ○ °

° ○ ☆ ○ °

Ishu nudges Aarav as we all enter the house, "You didn't tell me that you have a clooosee friend."

Aarav shakes his head, "I only have two close friends, and they are here. They think that they are my close friend, but in reality, they are not."

"Oh. But you never told me about 'Aisha is your friend'," she complains.

"You never asked," he answers, sitting beside me on the sofa.

"I asked that you have any girlfriend before?" Ishu yells at him while we three silently watch them.

"And I told the truth that I don't have a girlfriend," he replies, shrugging.

"But she is your crush," Ishu points her finger at him. Darsh and even Ishan scoff at that.

"She is not my crush," Aarav replies, glancing at me and then her.

"He is having one secret crush for a long time, even before he meets Aisha," Darsh says, making Aarav glare at him.

Ishu looks at him, "Do you know who she is?"

"No, Darsh. No," Aarav says in a threatening voice.

Darsh, of course, ignores him and look at Ishu mockingly, "Maybe."

"Darsh. You know I will kill you if you even say a word," Aarav threatens.

"I will buy whatever you want if you tell me her name," Ishu says.

I chuckle though I feel a bit of jealousy of whoever that girl might be. Like, come on, after stalking his Instagram account for so long, I knew I had a crush on him. It is not like I would do that just because he is my best friend's brother. I knew I had developed this feeling over time. I remember seeing him playing basketball in our school and goofing around with his friend, but at that time, I didn't know that he was Ishu's brother. I only remember him being our senior. When Ishu and I became friends, then only I came to know that Aarav was her brother. But, I never had these feelings at that time. It just happened in the last two years. Looking at his photos in the album, hearing their parents sharing childhood memories of him and Ishu, or teaming up with him to make Ishu clean her room or just watching Ishu and him fight, it just emerged over time.

"I will tell you after you buy me what I want," Darsh says.

"Darsh!" Aarav yells at him, throwing a pillow.

I smile, seeing Ishu grinning ear from the ear while Darsh and Aarav fight.

"God, relax, Aarav. Even if we tell her, it is not like she knows who she is," Darsh yells.

Aarav glares at him, passing a look as he moves to stand in front of him. They both continue looking at each other and even once, I thought that they had an eye-lock. But then, finally, Darsh widens his eyes and says, "Oh. Oh. Now I understand. Oh my god, Aarav."