☆ nineteen ☆

I really like writing in suga's POV so we're gonna do that : )

Koushi's POV

I feel Daichi's arms wrap around me as I open my eyes, "my daughter's crying." He whispers, "care to tell me why..?" I ask, shutting my eyes again.

"I didn't choose to ask." I sigh as I turn around so I could rest my head on his chest, "mm.."

"What's on your mind, sugar?"

"You'll be upset."

"No I won't." He holds me closer as he gets under the blankets, "I'm putting off seeing my mother."

"What? Why?" He says surprised as he pulls backwards to look at me.

"I don't know...I'm kind of just scared, you know? I've avoided her for nearly 20 years, and we were both fine with it, but now she just wants to see me..."

"She was in jail for 12 of those 20 years, love." I let out a long sigh, that comes out more as a yawn, "look, I'll come with you. We can even bring Mabel so you have an excuse to leave sooner. If you get it over with now, you don't have to do it again for the rest of your life." Daichi says enthusiastically. I smile lightly, "okay..go to sleep now." I turn around and he chuckles.

"I love you, sugar."

"Yeah, I know you do." We lay in silence and I grab his hand that was held around my waist, "I love you too.."

- - -

"Where are we going-?" Mabel asks, looking up from her phone. I kept my eyes outside the window, chewing on my nails nervously. Daichi grabs my other hand and sighs, "you're going to be okay." I shake my head, "how do you know that?"

"Dad-?"

"Because I just know."

"Dad, where are we going-?"

"Answer your daughter, will you?"

"We're going to meet your grandmother." I glance in the review mirror and see that she was looking at me, fear in her eyes.

"Don't do that to her, Daichi..I'll just go in and get out."

"W-Wait! I-I want to meet her!" I look back at her and she turn off her phone, "are you sure?"

"We're going to go, Kou. That's the whole point in us going." I sigh and look back out the window, "okay.."

- - -

We pull into the driveway of the familiar household.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say that neither of us have been here for twenty years.." I nod and unbuckle my seat belt, "I'll go in first, okay? I'll message you when you can come in.." I breathe in and out as I give him a quick kiss, "be safe please. If she tries hurting you, just come out and we'll go."

"Okay.." I shut the door and walk up to the familiar front steps of the house. I breathe in and out and knock on the door. I stood there for a minute until the door opened. I seen her.

She had tears in the corners of her eyes and she hugged me tightly, "Kōushi..I'm so so so so sorry..."

-

"I'm so so so sorry, Kou.."

"Mom..w-where's dad..?"

-

I felt the tears start to form in my eyes. But it wasn't out of happiness or sadness or even anger. It was pure pity. I pitied this woman.

I hear car doors shut as I pull away. I look over and Daichi and Mae were walking over.

"Oh, who's this?"

"Uhm...this is my family. Mabel...and Daichi." Daichi walks up next to me and grabs my hand, squeezing it lightly.

"Oh, did you guys get back together??"

"..yeah? About ten years ago??" I look at Daichi and he nods, "yeah."

"It's nice to see you again, Daichi."

"You too, ma'am."

Mabel looked scared. Intimidated by my mother, "and who are you?" Mabel glances up at me and I nod, "I'm Mabel..."

"Uhm..this is Daichi's daughter..he was in another relationship before we were together, and had her." My mother smiles sweetly at Mabel, "how sweet. Come on in, come on in."s

- - -

She gets up to go to the bathroom and I lean onto Daichi's shoulder, "what is it, Kou?" I sigh, "I don't know.."

"Kou."

"Can we go home..?" He looks over at me in confusion, "why? Is something wrong?"

"I-I just feel uncomfortable." I look around the house, and yeah, the walls are the same, the colors, everything is the same. Apart from the fact there used to be wine glasses everywhere and things were only usually clean if I did it myself.

There isn't paper everywhere, there aren't wine glasses on the floor, there's nothing.

In all honesty, I am surprised they even let her have this house back. But I guess it's better than the one in Miyagi. I would refuse to come here at all if it was the house in Miyagi.

"How so?" I shrug as I sit up, "I mean, it's nice to see her...healthier..but in my head, this is the place where I wouldn't and still don't really want to be.." He grabs my hand again, "I can't stand another hour here."

"We can go then."

"What-?"

"We'll just say you have work tomorrow, and we need to go grocery shopping. It isn't a lie."

"Yeah...okay.."

- - -

I lean my head on Daichi's shoulder as I watch as I watch Mabel and Mason talking. Well, Mabel talking to Mason.

"Hey, do you want to know a secret?" I look up at him, "sure."

"Mabel isn't her real name." I furrow my eyebrows as I look back at him, "what?"

"Well, I mean, it is. But her name is actually Mabelline." I chuckle, turning into a laugh, "s-sorry- I just- Mabelline?"

"Yeah, I didn't like it either. So since she was born, I called her Mabel, while her mother called her Mabelline."

"Do you think she remembers?" He nods, "yeah, it's how she knows she's in trouble." I giggle, "Mabelline Sawamura." She looks over, "yeah?" I wave my hand, telling her to never mind.

"See? She still remembers her mother too."

"I mean, I didn't show up until she was about five. Six maybe. She was old enough to know."

"I'm actually surprised she liked you. If it wasn't you, she'd probably still be distant." I smile, "it was a process, but I got there, didn't I?"

"You did. I'm proud of you." I smile, "I'm proud of you too. You kind of created Mabel."

"I did." 

"Thank you.." I whisper, leaning my head on his shoulder again.

"Anything for you, love...anything for you."

- - - end of chapter - - -

whole month later SHEEEEESH

song: monsters - Amanda Fagan - Dream SMP original song

words: 1120

finished: may 16, 2021 @ 10:40 pm PST

vote

comment

share

-Ollie