☆ Thirteen ☆

Em's POV

"Mason! Hey! You're back!" I wave at him as the end of the school day approaches, "yeah, I'm back." I race up to him and grab his face, "what happened to your face?"

"Ah, tough nights with my mom." He grabs my hand and starts walking, "what are you doing?" I smile, "I'm going to walk you home." He smiles at me. The sun starts to come out and Mason squints, "is something wrong?"

"Uhm...I've been getting a lot of headaches recently. I'm sure it's nothing." I look at him like he was crazy. He was limping as well, "Mason, you should really get checked.." I say, stopping the walking.

"Em, I'm fine."

"You said that last time..and then you ended up calling Mabel. She said you were coughing...a lot. You're coughing, having frequent headaches, can't walk, can barely see- Mason, I don't mean to nag..but it could be something worst than a cold. It could be a tumor for crying out loud.."

"Em, don't think like that."

"Mason, please, I'll go with you..I just..want to make sure it isn't anything serious." I beg, looking at him, about to cry. He wraps his arms around me, giving me a warm embrace, "if you'll stop looking like you're about to cry, I'll go, okay? I'll prove to you that I'm just getting sick, nothing serious."

"And what if it is serious...?"

"We'll get through it, Emi. I promise." He plants a small kiss on my temple, "now I have to take you home. Let's go." He puts a small strand of my hair behind my ear and cups my face, "I really want to kiss you right now." He says, chuckling. I smile and reach up, kissing him, trying to hide the smile as I kissed him. I finally smile, pulling away from the kiss.

- - -
Mason's POV

"So are you still staying with Mabel?" Emiko asks me as we stop in front of her house, "eh..I don't know. It's been pretty off these last few days."

"What do you mean? Are you two still in a loop?" I shrug, "well, she broke down to me yesterday..." Emiko sharply inhales, giggling, "that's awkward."

"Yeah..it's gonna be."

"You're always welcome here, you know? My parents love you." I chuckle, "you're sweet, love, thank you."

"Can you spend the night tomorrow?" She asks as I pull her into a hug, "as long as your parents are okay with it."

"Okay! I'll call you later tonight." I give her a small kiss before letting her go, "okay, I'm on my way to the daycare." I say, pointing down the street, and she nods enthusiastically, "okay, I'll talk to you soon!"

My grin turns into a smile as she walks into her house. I start walking down the street.

"Woah! To think you could hit a target like Emiko." I freeze at the voice. Daiki.

"What do you want, Daiki?" I roll my eyes as I look at him, "Mabel went this way. Where you heading?" I chuckle, "well, you see, one, we live on the same street anyway, two, her dad works at a daycare down the street."

"She said her mom worked at a daycare center." I widen my eyes as I realize what Mabel warned me about, "uhm- yeah,that's what I meant-"

"Hey you, what exactly are you and Mabel?" I chuckle, "we're friends, Daiki. Plus, I'm dating Emiko. I wouldn't do that." I begin walking again, "she's going to leave you, you know that right, Mason? Both Emiko and Mabel." I roll my eyes, trying my hardest not to turn around and punch him, although it'd feel great doing so.