Your rules

"You're late," Ae-gyo said, upset. She took a sip of her milkshake and raised an eyebrow when Yoon-hee sat in front of her. The shorter woman's cheeks were bright pink and she had a smile on her face. Something inside Ae-gyo burnt. She wanted to know who was the person behind that cheeky smile. "Why are you so happy? You're late and you don't even try to make up an excuse."

"Why are you so upset? It's not like I'm half an hour late. It's just five minutes only," Oh Yoon-hee replied, carelessly. Ae-gyo rolled her eyes. "I think I'll order a milkshake as well," she said, putting the menu down and calling the server.

"Just because you enjoy wasting your time, it doesn't mean that others do. My time is valuable," Ae-gyo replied, folding her arms across her chest, challenging her.  Yoon-hee imitated her. Both women stared at each other. There was something surrounding the air that felt so unfamiliar yet comforting. "Anyway, the details of your boring life are none of my business. Where are the children?" she asked her, changing the topic.

"Is it boring because it's not full of lies and toxic relationships?" Yoon-hee asked her, not letting the matter go. Ae-gyo held that power over her. She could make her lose her mind within seconds. She seemed to love picking on her.

"Where are the twins?" Ae-gyo asked her again, ignoring her last question. Oh Yoon-Hee smiled triumphantly at her and took a sip of her milkshake without breaking the eye contact. She had managed to upset her. Ae-gyo clicked her tongue in annoyance. "Listen, I don't have time for this. Are they coming or not? It's an easy question. You can answer it, can't you? You're a smart girl after all," she added, sarcastically. Yoon-hee snorted.

"I told them I would be here, but they never said if they would make it. I guess we will have to wait and see," Yoon-hee replied, taking her phone out. She opened a text message and smiled when she read it. Ae-gyo's stomach twirled. She knew that smile. She knew that sparkle. She had been the cause of that smile back then. Ae-gyo clenched her jaw. "Staring is rude. What is it? Can't you survive a few minutes away from Joo Dan-tae?" Yoon-hee asked her as she texted back  a reply. Ae-gyo's eyes followed her every move. Yoon-hee put her phone down and looked at the woman sitting across the table.

"Old habits die hard. You should know that. Aren't you the one going after married men still?" Ae-gyo fired back, upset. Yoon-hee held her gaze. She tightened her grip around her phone. "First, Joo Dan-tae and now the man that became your husband. You must be very persuasive," she added through gritted teeth. Yoon-hee bit her lip. She had had enough. She wouldn't sit there listening to her unjustified insults. Yoon-hee stood up at once and nearly knocked the chair over. Ae-gyo smirked. She had her exactly where she wanted her. Yoon-hee was about to reply when she saw the twins entering the restaurant. She closed her eyes to regain some of her self-control before speaking again. The nerve of that woman was unbelievable, she thought.

"They're here," Yoon-hee informed her, coldly. Ae-gyo's smirk vanished. She sat up straight and put on her sunglasses. Yoon-hee looked at her one last time before going to the twins' table. Ae-gyo followed her with her eyes. Her heart ached when she saw them. They had changed both, mentally and physically speaking. They didn't seem like the kids she once left behind. They were stronger, wiser, and braver now. If only they knew she had never actually left. She kept an eye on them even if they couldn't see her. A single tear rolled down her face. She couldn't wait to hug them, to see them up close. But then again, she couldn't do that now. She needed to take Dan-tae down first. She lowered her gaze and grabbed her purse. She was about to leave when she heard a very familiar screaming. Ae-gyo turned around and she couldn't believe what she was seeing. She covered her mouth with both her hands at the sight of her own daughter throwing a milkshake all over Oh Yoon-hee's face. Ae-gyo's jaw dropped. Guilty invaded her. What had she done to them? Had she ruined their lives? She hadn't brought her up to behave like this. She had taught her better. Seok-hoon put his hand on his sister's shoulder and scolded her. However, she stormed out of the restaurant. Seok-hoon apologized to Yoon-hee and went after his sister. Oh Yoon-hee sighed in frustration and made her way to the bathroom without looking back at the taller woman. Ae-gyo decided to follow her close behind.