Chapter 18- USJ Part 2

"Impossible," Shigaraki spat.

I was vaguely aware of the noise surrounding me. My arms felt like lead. My entire body was quivering like a dead leaf hanging onto its last branch. My ears felt clogged. I started to sway.

"Y/n!" A scream was muffled by the ringing in my ears.

I opened my eyes enough to make out Midoriya, fist reared back, ready to take on Shigaraki.

"Smash!!!!!" He screamed. I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the impact.

Nothing.

Standing between me and Midoriya was the giant monster that destroyed my father.

"Mi-midoriya," I croaked weakly from the ground.

The monster grabbed Midoriya. Shigaraki advanced towards Tsu and Mineta. My dad was laying a few meters away from me, soaked in blood. This was it. I would die. I always thought that death would be much easier for me to accept. I didn't think I would be one to fear it.

I was wrong. I never regretted anything more in my life then dying here, so close to my only family, yet so far. The last words I spoke to him pounded my mind. Did he know I was sorry? Did he know I loved him? Now I was sure that the liquid streaming down my face was from the tears.

"Dad," I whimpered, trying to take one last look.

CRASH

"It is fine now...I AM HERE!"

The voice was all too familiar.

"All Might," Shigaraki growled.

Before I could process what was happening All Might appeared in front of me. In his arms was a limp Aizawa. He looked so small compared to the Symbol of Peace.

"Sorry Aizawa," All Might mumbled to my dad.

Then he looked down at me, and tried to give his signature grin. Moments later I found myself on the floor across the arena. Around me were Midoriya, Tsu, Mineta, and my dad.

"Everyone go to the entrance," All Might instructed, "I'm leaving Aizawa to you. He's unconscious, hurry!"

I tried to stand up, before groaning as my legs gave out.

"Can you make it young Aizawa?" All Might asked me.

I looked over at my dad. It was my turn to be his hero.

"I can make it." Three breaths in, two breaths out. Slowly, shakily, I stood up. "Don't worry Dad, I got you."

I helped lift him off the ground, supporting his head as Tsu and Mineta took his body.

"All Might, you can't!" Midoriya suddenly called, "That brain villain took a punch from me and didn't even twitch!"

"Young Midoriya!" All Might declared, "Its fine!"

Midoriya looked as if he was about to argue, but then he nodded in determination. If the fights today taught us anything...it was that we had to trust in our friends. Midoriya took my dad's legs and together we began to carry him to the entrance.

"Wow, All Might really is amazing," Mineta awed.

"Maybe we were over thinking it," Tsu agreed, "He seems to have it all covered."

I wish I could be as assured as they were. I knew that All Might wasn't as strong as he let on, not since the attack against All for One five years ago. I looked back to try and catch another glimpse. Instead I met Midoriya's eyes. They reflected my worry. Does he know?