1 | C H A P T E R

SHE HATED EVERY SECOND, EVERY MINUTE

of it. [Name] despised being a newborn, everything was blurry and the noises were high pitched— don't even get her started on the cooing and the endless affection towards her. But she knew better, something was going on. Something unusual, she could hear their rushed footsteps as they yelled out in panic commanding orders to everyone.

Perhaps it was a natural disaster, many happen in Japan, China, etc. A temor maybe? Earthquake? Tsunami? Endless possibilities that could have happened. Either way— it was getting worse. [Name] noticed as she saw nurses and other adults swarm the nursery, each getting a child and cradling the newborns to their chest

Each adult had fallen through a procedure, their posture were stiff yet their footsteps were rushed as they tried hushing the wailing children. [Name] was oddly confused, some of these 'nurses ' were wearing mask with odd carvings in them. Some had beaks representing a bird with red or blue lines swirled on them. However, [Name] was picked up by a mask representing a dog— maybe a hound if she were to be more specific.

The mask had red lines underneath the eyes, and had messy silver hair peaking out from the back. If [Name] squinted her eyes she would swore the man had a red eye. Although now that she thought about it more clearly, this 'man ' was awfully short in comparison to the others. Perhaps dwarfism? No— that wouldn't cut it, She was in the hands of a teenage boy, a boy with a hound mask. 

[Name] could tell he was worried and nervous. She wondered if it was because of the disaster  that was happening. She flinched as she felt his nails slightly dig into her chubby skin, scowling [Name]  let out a garbled cry as she fussed against his hold.

The teenager tried hushing her as he repeated 'shh ' over and over again with the occasional cradling of up and down movement most adults did to calm down their newborn. [Name] however wasn't having it, she gave him the meanest glare she could muster as a child.

[Name] could hear him curse under his breath as he lifted up his mask staring down at her. His gaze held nothing but anxiety and worry in between and yet she could see a faint spark flicker in his eyes. She held her breath as she stared up at him with wide eyes, reality had come crashing down on her— it couldn't be. How was this possible?

She [Name] Nara, was in the hands of Kakashi Hatake, a fictional character of Naruto, creator of chidori, an ex anbu, the sixth hokage. Her lips trembled as she held back the tears from escaping her eye sockets— how? Just how? Is this even possible? Was this but a dream? Maybe she wasn't dead, the ambulance had come right on time and saved her from deaths grasp where she is now stuck in a coma having a lucid dream.

❝ Kakashi ❞

His name tumbled out of her mouth as she gaped up at him in disbelief. He stiffened up in shock as he stared down at her, his eyes were wide, disbelief held in them as he peered down at the infant before him. He looked left and right not believing a newborn would pronounce his name— his footsteps stilled. He didn't remember telling her his name— he didn't even speak and yet how could a mere newborn known his name?

His adams apple bobbed as he swallowed down the excessive saliva pooling behind his mouth. His chest churned as he stared down at the newborn cradled in his arms ❝did you—?❞ his words trailed off in confusion laced with hesitation as he couldn't believe the words spewing out of his mouth. Her [e/c] eyes peered from their eyelashes blinking innocently as a malicious smile curled up in the corner of her lips.

Oh she was going to enjoy this— every single minute of it. Wether she was in a coma or having a lucid dream in the end none of this was real, who is she to deny it? A little getaway from reality— sooner or later she'll find out the truth. Either way, [Name] Nara will play god.  She knew everything about this place, she remembered the show like the back of her hand.

She'll change what she sees fit. Save those who she deemed fit to live, leave those who are damned to die. It was cruel— but frankly she didn't care. She was bitter, [Name] had three theories as to where she was, the most reasonable one was being stuck in a coma and having a lucid dream. And she hated it, she was always so cautious in her life. She'll change in this one, she won't give a crap—She'll let loose like a feral animal. It's not like anything is going to hurt her is it? It's all but a dream

Her gaze peered up at kakashi as he stared down at her with conflict swirling in his eyes. [Name] decided to play oblivious to his speculation of suspicion toward her. A mere child she was not and he knew it. An incoming nurse had called him out as she took the infant from his hold, the nurse bowed at him before scurrying off to where the other children were.

 An incoming nurse had called him out as she took the infant from his hold, the nurse bowed at him before scurrying off to where the other children were