Chapter Twelve: Urgent Message

Start from the beginning

" And what was going on when you found the location?", he asked as we repositioned ourselves. I sat myself up before he followed suit. He scooted himself back until his back was against the bedframe. He pulled me in and held me in his arms.

I leaned into him and rubbed my cheek against his chest. I smiled a little after feeling him peck my forehead. It made it easier to find the words to describe the rest of my nightmare.

" When I got to the location... It was where the castle was located, only the castle wasn't there... Only the fire from the distance, but it wasn't just one.", I continued.

" How many were there?", he asked," Were they burning stakes?"

" Yes, many burning stakes. There were many people tied to them too, they were all turning into a crisp. But somehow, none of them were screaming... It was like they gave up on that, even looking like they accepted their fate.", I continued," But strangely, there were seven that were very close together, but they were so burnt that I couldn't tell what their last moments were. I couldn't tell if they screamed, struggled, or anything in that matter. Then, I heard strange chanting from behind me. When I looked back there was a hooded figure in bright red with a veil covering its face. It stopped chanting once in front of me. I asked who the figure was but I was not answered. Instead, it reached its black-boney hand out to me and then only said one word."

" What was it?", he asked me.

" Come.", I answered.

" 'Come'? Just that?", he responded," What else happened? Did you take the hand?".

I shook my head a no, gently against his scarred but still broad chest." I woke up after that.", I answered. I then heard an "ah" come from him in response. We were then silent again for the next moment.

" What a grim dream, but I am sure that it was only a dream rather than anything more.", he stated," But if not, then I will do whatever in my power to end it or at least make it easier."

A smile was brought to my face after hearing that. Lifted my head to face him then placed a hand on his cheek to turn his direction towards mine.

" You don't always have to look out for me, what happened to me before is gone.", I whispered," But I am glad to know that you care."

Alucard smiled back as he took the hand on his cheek and said," I'd make a poor excuse of a lover otherwise.". His lips pressed against the palm of my hand gently before being placed on his chest above his heart.

Leaning forward, I pressed my lips against his. I could have sworn that I could feel him smiling underneath it. Not that it mattered, besides I was smiling too.

My eyelids were half-closed after only pulling away slightly, and his eyes were half-closed as well. I playfully nuzzled my nose against his. I then laid my head on his chest, hearing the steady rhythm of his beating heart. His fingers were lightly stroking my hair, my shoulder, and down my waist. I could be in that position with him forever if we could.

___________________________________

Next morning...

I was by the river with Alucard, collecting some berries and vegetables while he collected the water. We both unspokenly decided to share the burden of survival since it we both knew it was unfair for one to do everything while the other did either nothing or almost nothing.

As I was just about finished collecting the food, I glanced over at Alucard. I couldn't help but smile at him, even just the mere sight of him brought me a sense of joy.