My King Pt. 2

Plot: Part 2 of "My King"

P.O.V George's

It was a late peaceful night in the kingdom. Nobody but the quiet chirps of crickets were playing. It was the first time it has been peaceful in a long time...

"Sire? what are you doing up so late?" A familiar voice played as I turned towards it. I watched as Bad walked closer to me then gently bowed in respect. He was head of the counsel and the one who kept businesses in the village afloat. "Don't worry Bad. I'm just heading to the library. I have some work I need to finish." I said. He nods slightly. "Make sure you get well rested. Goodnight sire." "Goodnight." I smiled as he walked past me and I continued forward.

As I reached the library I was greeted by a gentle tone. "Last time I checked you should be asleep." I saw Dream at the doorway. I gently smile and hug him. "Hi love." he said gently hugging my waist. "Hi, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in the medical chambers?" I asked, before gently kissing his cheek

"I wanted to see you. Besides a small gash isn't gonna stop me from seeing you. Niki said I was okay to move around just not to push myself." he said. "But, it wasn't a small gash." I said worried. He kisses my forehead and smiles. "I promise love, I'm okay. You don't need to worry about me. Okay?" I whine a little, placing my face on his chest.

He laughs a little. "Come on, I heard you tell Bad you have some stuff to do." he said. I pulled my face out of his chest as I grabbed his hand and we walked into the library.

I sat Dream's chest while I worked and he gently had his arms around my waist. "What did Techno say about you getting back on your feet?" I asked curiously.

"He said I should have the rest of the week off before I can return but I also told him that wasn't going to stop me from protecting you." he answered. "Dream..." "I know I know but I made you a promise. A promise I plan to keep until the day I die. Even beyond that. I'm not leaving you. Even if that means I have to give up my life for your's." he answered in a gentle tone.

"Don't you ever think about doing that." I said my tone immediately changed to a serious one. "I will do what I must in order to keep you safe." he kissed my left temple wrapping his arm around my chest.

"You are such an idiot." I said. "You love me." "Do I?" I joked. "Yes, yes you do. You love me so much." he laughed. I chuckle a little before leaning back further in his chest with a small yawn. "Come on it's off to bed now." Dream smiles. "But, you're comfy." I whined.

He chuckles, gently picking me up. "Dream! Please put me down. I don't want you to hurt yourself." I whined. "It's okay Georgie. I am just fine. No need to worry." he answered.

He quietly walked along the hallways as he came upon my room. "Can you stay or does Techno want you back?" I asked. "This week, I am all yours bub." he answered, placing me down before laying next to me gently pulling me closer to him.

"I wish you could stay with me like this every night." I said, grabbing his hand and playing with his fingers. He kissed my head as he wrapped his hand around mine holding it tight but gently.

"I will always and forever be by your side no matter what." he whispered, kissing the side of my head. "I love you." I mumbled cuddling into his chest.

"I love you too Georgie, get some sleep." he said.

I smile and gently hug his chest listening to the gentle heart beat as I doze off.