Capturing your heart

When Alec woke up, his leg was chained to the ground; he looked over and saw Clary lying unconscious on the ground next to him. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw she wasn't injured, she may be annoying, but she meant a lot to Jace.

He quickly turned his head when he heard footsteps. His heart started beating out of control in his chest. He knew those footsteps, that heartbeat.
"Hello, my love, glad to see your awake" Dominic was smirking like he'd won a prize.
"Let me go," Alec growled.
"But I just got you back. Why would I let you go again, my little dove."
"I'm not yours to keep" Alec didn't look away. He wouldn't back down like he'd done so many times before.
"Oh, someone got some more confidence in our time apart."
"Not enough time," Alec muttered.
"Oh, now don't be like that. I know you missed me, still love me, don't you" Dominic was still smirking.
"No, I put you away, and I would gladly do it again. You mean nothing to me" Alec tried to sound calm and unbothered.
"Now, Alec, we both know that's a lie," Dominic bent down to whisper in Alec's ear.
"I can hear your heartbeat" Dominic leaned in as if he was going for a kiss but pulled away suddenly as Alec was leaning in.

Alec felt ashamed he shouldn't still love Dominic. He was bad, bad for him. He loved Magnus, brilliant, wonderful, beautiful Magnus.

Alec was ready to fight back when Clary woke up.
"Who are you? What am I doing here" she questioned.
"Ah, your awake, welcome; now, unfortunately, I don't know what Valentine wants with you, but now your up; I'll go get him. Don't worry, love, I'll be back for you."

"Alec, what's going on? How do you know that Warlock" Clary began to ask once Dominic was out of the room?
"It's a long story," Alec sighed.
"Well, then give me the compiled version," Clary said

A while later, and with many questions, Clary was sitting up trying to process all the information given.
"So I'm a half Grimm," she asked
"Kinda more like a man-made Grimm" Alec replied
"And that was your ex-boyfriend? Soul mate?" She looks confused.
"Yeah," Alec looked embarrassed.
"Well, I don't know how we'll explain this to everyone else once we get out," Clary laughed, and Alec was glad she wasn't angry or judgmental.

Alec suddenly froze, and soon Valentine and Dominic walked into the room.
"Clarissa, so glad you could make it. We have so much to discuss."
Before Clary could retort, Alec slumped down like he had been knocked out.
"Alec!" Clary tried to move over to him
"Don't worry, he's just asleep; I'll leave you two to talk" Dominic unchained Alec and carried him out of the room.

In Another Room

Dominic carefully placed Alec on a soft bed and sat down in the armchair next to him. He took out a book and began reading it while watching Alec.

Alec slowly stirred, and when he realized he wasn't with Clary anymore, he quickly sat up straight and looked around the room before he saw Dominic sitting and chuckling.

"So jumpy, my little dove" Dominic moved closer to the bed.
"Where's Clary" for once Alec looked genuinely concerned for her.
"Never mind about her. She's safe; we have so much to discuss, love." Dominic smiled
"I am not your love," Alec said through gritted teeth.
"Ah, but you are, always have and always will be." Dominic moved closer and sat on the bed.
"Now wasn't it easier when you didn't resist me; it was so much happier and calmer. There was no noise was there." Dominic spoke calmly and softly.

Alec could slowly feel his resistance slip away; Dominic could always do this. He managed to do this to Alec, and most of the time, Alec didn't mind, but not now.

"Stop doing that," Alec yelled, shaking his head and getting up from the bed.
"What, love" Dominic smiled.
"The manipulation and the mind games."
"I'm not doing anything Alexander, that's our bond, your feeling" Dominic stepped towards Alec and placed a hand over his heart.
"You feel safe and happy around me, don't you. I'm not manipulating you love. You feel this way because of our connection." Dominic's voice was so calm and inviting. Alec found himself leaning in.

A sudden knock at the door quickly repurchased Alec to reality, and he moved away from Dominic.
"I swear to any God this better be important," Dominic was shouting as he opened the door.
"Clarys escaped" the guard was breathless.
"Alexander, stay here; I'll be back soon."

With that, Dominic was gone leaving Alec all alone with his thoughts.