We Need To Talk

It was late afternoon, and Alec was in the training room when he got a phone call from Erin.
"Hey Alec, it's Erin. I was wondering if you could come over. We have some things to talk about."
"Should I be worried?"
"Don't worry; I just want to talk."
Yeah, sure, that's fine. I'll be over in like 20 minutes.",
"It's okay I'll get you a portal" when she finished talking, a portal appeared in front of Alec; he hung up and walked through.
When he walked out, he was in Erin's living room.

"Alec, I wanted to talk to you about you being a Grimm and your connections with the warlock I saw in your mind yesterday. If that's okay," she added in quickly when she saw Alec's expression change.
"Um yeah uh sure, if it's okay, I'd rather answer your questions on me being a Grimm than I'll tell you about-- um -- him."
"Thank you; I can imagine how difficult this is for you" Erin smiled sympathetically.

"So first, if it's not too personal, could you show me your Grimm form."
"Yeah, sure. Give me a second."
Alec closed his eyes and turned around. Erin gasped in shock as Alec's wings unfurled from his back, they were white, but the edges were an icy blue. Alec turned around to show his bright blue eyes; his hair had blue tips, he looked like a true angel.
"Wow, your wings their--- they're beautiful."
Alec had a light blush as he smiled. "Thank you." His wings curled back in as his eyes and hair faded back to their normal color.

"Next question is, what are your powers. I know Damien is a shifter."
"My power is the elements."
Alec created a flower in his hand, then he froze it over into ice, then burned to ash with fire, and finally blew the ash away with an air
"That's amazing, so I'm guessing your eyes change depending on what element."
"Yeah, and my wings and hair change for each element as well."

"So are you ever going to tell Magnus and the others."
"It's kind of against the rules unless I have special permission."
"That sucks."
"Yeah, but it is what it is."

"Final question, are you immortal? Damien's always really cryptic about this"
"Uhh, in a sense, but not in the same way warlocks and vampires are; Grimm's have regenerative abilities, so we heal faster than a wound can kill us. Grimm's are also like guardian angels, so if we die, we just return to heaven to live our lives out there."
"Wow, heavy stuff. I'm sorry, but I'm curious about the whole thing with the warlock. Damien never tells me anything."
"Yeah, um, sure, it's quite hard to talk about, but here goes nothing."
"When I was 16, I went to train for 2 years; everyone thinks I went to Idris. I had a problem with being gay; the only person I'd ever loved was straight and my adoptive brother. I made new friends, and one day when I was in the library checking out a book, I met another Grimm; his name was Dominic. He was different, he had demon blood as well as angel, but I didn't care. We became friends, and I fell for him hard, we had the same likes, dislikes and he understood me, he knew when I needed to be alone and when I needed him"

"So, what happened."
"Dominic changed. He stopped wanting to help humans, and he started to want to destroy them and rule over demons and downworlders. There was a group of Shadowhunter's; they killed 2 warlocks because they refused to co-operate. He killed 21 Shadowhunter's that day, we decided he was too dangerous, so they locked him away for all eternity, but I can still feel his emotions, his pain because of the bond we formed. I know when he's near, and it is hell."
"I'm guessing he hated you after that"
"No, if anything, he loved me more. He said when he escaped, he would take back what was his"
"That's why you stayed in the closest; you feared being hurt like that again" Alec nodded slowly.
"But with Magnus, he's different; I trust him."

"Don't worry, Alec, this demon is not him. Damien and Cara said he has still locked away. You're safe
Erin and Alec talked for a little longer before he eventually returned to the institute. She offered to make a portal, but he said he rather walk. It gave him time to think; he replayed her words "your safe" angel he hopes so.
Unfortunately, Alec didn't notice the shadow watching him.