The Attacks

Magnus and Alec arrived at the institute shortly after the phone call; they met with Izzy, Clary, Jace, and Simon.
"Hey, thanks for coming. We know it was your day off and all," Izzy said, giving a sympathetic look.
"Never mind that any time together is important, so what are we dealing with," Magnus said, looking towards Izzy and Jace.
"There has been a lot of greater demon activity, but we haven't established which one or if there are more," Jace stated.
"Weirdly though the attacks have been mainly located around places that we have gone on missions too, we think the demon might be trying to scare Valentine or us is sending a message," Clary said
"No, this is definitely a greater demon, one I've to know of. He's powerful, a prince of hell, to be exact. I never dealt with him directly, only the messes he's caused, but last I heard, he was locked up somewhere in the pits of hell," Magnus said, looking at the map, which had the places where all the attacks had been.
"Well, it's worth a shot; demons can break out of hell if there is a rift, and we've looked at 2 that have been opened in the past month; both were closed within minutes, and as far as we can tell, were accidental," Izzy said looking at Magnus.
"Yes, well, as I said, I haven't dealt with him directly, but I know a warlock who has a good friend of my Erin; I'll give her a call and see if we could meet her today," Magnus said, walking off to call her.

"Alec, are you okay" Izzy looked concerned, placing a hand on his shoulder. Alec jumped at the contact.
"Yeah, sorry, just a lack of sleep," Alec replied, looking distant like his mind was elsewhere.
"Okay, so things between you and Magnus seem great. I'm happy for you" Izzy started smiling, and Alec was happy his sister had changed the subject.
"Yeah, they have been; give me a minute. I need to phone someone" Alec walked off to somewhere the others couldn't hear him and dialed Cara's number, not noticing Izzys concerned look.

"Hello," Sebastian's voice came through.
"Hey Seb, can you put Cara on the phone, please."
"Sure, Cara Alec's on the phone for you."
Alec heard the sound of Cara running towards the phone and smiled.
"Hey, thanks, Seb. What's up?"
"I don't know. That's my issue. My eyes keep flashing, and I can't help feeling some things off."
"Off," Cara questioned
"Off," Alec said firmly
"I don't know. Everything has been fine here, and Damien's ok. Maybe it's because you haven't seen each other in a while; the brother bond thing is acting up."
"Yeah, your probably right just check and make sure nothing major has happened." Alec sighed
Cara knew what Alec was asking. When he said to make sure nothing major has happened, he meant has anything major happened with Him.
"Nothings changed with him. You're stressing over nothing; talk to Damien you'll feel better. I love you, but I gotta go speak later," Cara said reassuringly.
"Of course, love you bye" Alec ended the call. Maybe Cara was Right, and it was because he hadn't seen Damien in a while; he sighed and walked back over to Izzy and the others.

"Everything all right, big bro," Izzy asked, smiling, but he could sense the worry that was in her voice.
"Yeah, just checking up on a friend," Alec replied, giving Izzy a reassuring pat on the shoulder.
"You have friends" Izzy pretended to be shocked
"Haha, your hilarious."

Magnus came back over. He was smiling, so everything had obviously gone well with Erin.
"Great news Erin said we could meet her today in about an hour."
"That's amazing," Simon replied enthusiastically.
"Yeah, but what are we going to do for an hour," Clary asked
"I don't know about you, but Alec and I haven't had breakfast, so we shall being going to a little cafe, I know, and your welcome to join."
"Yeah, I could eat," Jace replied
"Sure sounds fun," Clary said
"Well, I'm not missing out," Izzy said
"If you guys don't mind, I need to go back to the hotel and get some blood and tell Raphael where I'm going," Simon said, looking nervous.
"Of course, meet back at the institute in an hour," Magnus said and, with a flourish of his hands, open a portal while Simon ran off to the hotel.

Even when he was at breakfast, Alec couldn't shake that sinking feeling; he really needed to meet up with Damien soon.