A meeting with a gay war god and his love sick ex

Zoe Pov

It was getting late, and Zoe felt like they should get moving before they ran out of time and Lady Artemis wasn't able to carry the weight of the sky anymore.

Bianca came to sit down with her "Do you think that I made the right decision to join the hunters?"

The daughter of Atlas looked at her and sighed "Is this about thy brother, I am sure Lady Artemis will allow thou to see him when we visit camp."

"Well, I just worry, I was selfish, I left him because it was so hard taking care of him, I'm 12 for gods sake and I felt like I had to grow up way to fast. I thought that if I left him in camp then I could have my own family and he could have his, but when I talk to Thalia and Sam, they only say that he avoids everyone but Perseus"

The way that she said his name annoyed Zoe for some reason, like by insulting Percy, Bianca was indirectly insulting her.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Bianca looked at her "Don't get me wrong I know it's my fault Nico is anti-social, but I don't like him, he seems rude, obnoxious and arrogant as fuck, and I don't want Nico to end up that way, but I don't think he will listen to me."

"Bianca, I am going to be honest, the hunt messed up, and I have been recently made to see that we are turning into the very thing that we are supposed to oppose. Thou were there when me when Chiron explained Percy's childhood, well that was just the quick version. He suffered verbal, physical and some hunters took it upon themselves to get revenge on the male race by sexually abusing him. He was 6. I am only telling you this because you are a hunter at this point in time, and I expect thou to swear on the Styx not to reveal what I have and am going to tell thou. Ok." The younger girl nodded her head.

"Look Bianca, the hunters who hurt him the most were killed in the most painfully way possible, but Lady Artemis and I lost someone who had hoped we would be his new family. Do you remember when your brother was 4?"

Bianca frowned "No, I can barely remember anything after being put in that Hotel in Vegas about a year ago"

That worried Zoe, but she would get to that problem later, "Well when Percy was younger, he used to look at me like I was his hero, it was a similar look he gave to Phoebe and Lady Artemis, but when I would place him on his lap, I used to comb through his hair, and sing to him to help him get to sleep. I was his family, and then I betrayed him, I believed the words of liars, abusers and rapists over the 6-year-old that I had grown to love, and I left him to die, I took him away from his mother, and I took him away from his sister. The only comfort I have is I took him away from the people who abused him for those 6 years, however he has lived a hard life since them. I believe that Percy treats you the way that he does because he can draw parallels between a younger version of himself and Nico."

Bianca looked offended at the idea of Nico being anything like Percy, which really bugged Zoe for some reason, she just couldn't figure out why.

"Nico is nothing like Perseus, Nico is a kind, thoughtful boy, not some arrogant prick."

At this point Zoe felt the unyielding anger build up and had to really try not to punch Bianca in her smug face. If she noticed her surroundings, she would have noticed Thalia and Samuel in an argument and Grover looking like he was about to beat up a horse (not that he could), however she was too busy trying not to smack the face of that bitch Bianca for calling Percy a prick.

She was saved by Percy stepping in between the two girls and faced Bianca "She said younger Percy, the one who would look up to the faces of Zoe, Phoebe and Artemis like the savours he thought they were" Zoe's hurt felt like it took a punch when he said those words "only to realise that family is often too good to be true." Bianca looked furious at this point, but Percy kept on talking "tell me Bianca, did you ever tell Nico how you were feeling, or did you just expect the 10-year-old to pick up on it. 2 years is a big difference to a 10-year-old, to be honest he probably was thinking of you as his sister half of the time and his mother the other, to him you went from adoring and loving him to joining a cult famous for hating men, and the only male person in your life was him, he thought he was the reason, and because you never told him how you felt, he was right."