17. Minjung

It has been one week since the day when Yoongi had picked up a crying Jungkook from front of their hotel to Jihyuns place. Jungkook went back to his house in Busan and spent most of the time locked up in his room drowning in tears and calling Taehyung a hundred times to always end up in a voicemail.

Jihyun was again face to face with that old 17 yr old Jungkook who was lifeless and heartbroken.

"Will he ever talk to me?"
"Will he pick up my calls?"
"Will he hate me now?"
"Am I not worth loving appa?"

These were the only questions that he asked. Jihyun hugged him tight, trying to protect his son in his embrace.

"You are worth everything kookie. Once the truth is out he will come running to you. Kangmin already has clues. Everything will go back to normal. I promise you that."

On the other hand whenever Kangmin wanted to discuss about the situation with Taehyung it would end in a single sentence

"It's over dad. I have nothing more to do with him"

_________

Two more weeks went by and Jungkook could feel himself falling into depression. He wanted a change in atmosphere and hence talked to his dad about moving out of Korea for a few months. Working in a new place might clear up his mind.

Kangmin was in a hunt, first he got hold of Mihyuk who he was searching for almost three months now. Minhyuk, the friend with benefits turned out to be an ally of Bogum. Minhyuk under Kangmin's custody brought in lot of new information including Dai was working for Bogum as well. But the real reason why Bogum was doing this remained unknown.

But what happened at Taehyung's house remained a mystery.  Help came in the form of CCTV cameras from the street because all the cameras in the building had mysteriously captured just a man in hoodie. But the cameras in the street showed Bogums's car passing through the street leading to the apartment. Kangmin approached Taehyung to talk about this but it was as if he was ignoring Jungkook's existence itself.

Kangmins mafia roots helped him trace out that Bogum was not doing this for some petty revenge but he was being supported by someone big. After days of tracing Kangmin was face to face with an indigestible news that Minjung was controlling Bogum. The same Minjung who had killed So Hyun. Kangmin knew something was off.

KANGMIN POV

I walked into Taehyung's office. If I dont do something at the earliest, I may have more things to regret about later. Minjung will sure hurt Taehyung.

"Taehyung I want to have a talk with you"

"If its about Jungkook am not interested dad."

"You have to hear me out this time Tae"

"Once a no is always a NO"
Taehyung stood up to leave his office.

"It was Bogum. He was the one who was doing things from the beginning itself!"

"Wh.. what?"

"Have a look at these" he showed all the CCTV recordings.

"We caught Minhyuk as well, even though he was well hidden. He was the one who spilled the tea."

Taehyung was lost in thought. So, he hurted Jungkook again. He insulted him again in public spitting out all his private issues including his sufferings. Videos of their fight was already spreading faster than wildfire.

"D..dad ...dad" he felt his hands shivering. He sat on his chair, hands supporting his head. Everything felt heavy suddenly.

"I broke him again dad"

"Taehyung there is more you should know!"

"What can bring more shocks?"

"Bogum was supported by Minjung"

"WHAT?" Taehyung couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"We should act fast Taehyung. He is surely targeting you again!"

"I will kill that bastard this time"
Taehyung banged harshly on the glass table.

"Calm down son. We will come up with a plan"

"Dad?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I meet Jungkook. I ignored all his calls. I want to talk to him, apologize to him."

"Tae about that....."

"What is it dad?"

"He is leaving for London tomorrow."

"W..what?"

"Dont worry Tae. He wanted to just get away from things. Maybe if you make it up to him everything will become fine. He adores you a lot son. He is suffering for the same reason"

"Please talk to him dad. I will make him cancel his trip and go back home. I will meet him at the airport."

BOGUM POV

"Minjung we will have to do something fast. Dad knows everything and Kangmin is pulling his mafia links"

"Calm down Bogum. I'm ending my game with a good kill."

"Are you planning on killing Taehyung?"

A broad smirk appeared on Minjungs's face.

"I love killing people with pain. Just watch who is going to die tomorrow."

____________

Here's another update!
So, should this story have a happy or sad ending?

Be happy and stay safe 💜💜💜💜