Just then, Y/n walked out into the living room, her eyes focused on her phone as she spoke, "Hey babe, who was it?"

I was at a total loss for words as she finally looked up, her eyes furrowing as she stared at Satoru.

"You're, uh, Suguru's friend right?" she asked as she crossed her arms, slowly walking over to us.

"That's me! His best friend," Satoru smiled proudly.

She nodded as she walked up, and stood just slightly behind me, hiding herself from him. She was absolutely adorable.

I couldn't believe this was happening right now.

"What're you doing here?" she asked hesitantly before looking up at me. "Is everything ok?"

"Y/n..." I trailed off in a soft whisper, unsure of what to do. I really hope I wasn't about to lose her. I couldn't lose her. Not now.

••••

**Y/n POV**

"What're you doing here?" I asked Suguru's friend. "Is everything ok?"

I looked up as Suguru as I stood slightly behind him, my body close to his. I didn't like that his friend just showed up, but I had to trust it was for a good reason, so I hid behind him.

I had just woken up, and definitely wasn't dressed enough to feel comfortable seeing his friend whose name I couldn't remember.

"Y/n..." his voice was so sad as he stared back at me, making me even more confused. And also very concerned. I was worried about him, especially given his frequent injuries.

"Well dear, I came to talk," Satoru smirked, stepping a few paces into my apartment.

It immediately put me on guard. Who the hell does this guy think he is? I didn't invite him here, and Suguru hadn't even asked him to come in.

"Does this..." he trailed off as he brought my golden hourglass out of his pocket to show me. "Look familiar?"

My eyes narrowed while my heart raced, my rage boiling over. How did he get that? Did Suguru find it and give it to him?

Then, finally, it all clicked.

Suguru's a fucking sorcerer.

I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces, and I could barely even breathe with the heart-wrenching pain that now rushed over me.

Did he know who I was? Was he sent here to kill me or capture me? Did he fucking use me to get to this!?

The tears flowed, and I didn't bother to hold them back. I had bigger things to worry about. I needed to get my hourglass back, and escape from these two.

How could this be happening? I thought I was being so careful...

I locked my eyes on Suguru's friend. He had my cursed object, so he was my first target. I didn't even know if I could fight Suguru.

It didn't matter that he lied to me. Even knowing now that his feelings were fake, mine were still very, very real. Always the worst fucking luck.

I activated my technique, pushing Suguru out of the way as I spun around and landed a kick right to his friends chest. I would've loved to kick his fucking face in, but him and Suguru are so damn tall.

He looked absolutely shocked that I landed a hit, but I didn't know exactly why.

If they knew I had a cursed object, and they were even able to see it behind my barrier, they should've guessed I'd be able to defend it.