I didn't want to sleep anyway

Chapter 20

"We should seperate. It would make more sense, we could actually find them quicker." G said, looking at Dream who was making a whining sound.

"But I want to hang out with yoooou." He complained. George would have rolled his eyes if he wasn't completely and utterly exhausted.

"I'll take the east." George said, turning and abruptly walking away.

"Wait, G." Dream said, running to catch up. "Please can we chat? I really really need the distraction. My mind is going crazy." Dream said.

"Well I want to be alone."

"But I deal with my emotions with distractions." Dream said with a frown.

"Ok? And? I deal with mine by bottling them up and wallowing in it. I want to be alone. So leave me alone." George said, turning and walking away, snapping and unsnapping the bow repeatedly as he walked, a habit he pick up from Dream who always clicked and unclicked his sword to annoy him.

George didn't mean to be rude with his partner. He was exhausted, stressed and had just had enough. They had beaten the teleporting villain not even 12 hours ago, and Dream and GNotFound were summoned again.

This time for a criminal who broke into the mayor's house and stole some safe. Yes, the entire safe. The mayor was absolutely pissed. George wasn't about to argue with the crazy man, instead just agreeing to help, pulling Dream out of the room who was being nosy and questioning what was even in the safe.

The mayor refused to say what was in it.

But no one had any descriptors of the person. They somehow got in and out without anyone seeing. They had somehow messed with the cameras and security too. It was planned.

This made things incredibly difficult since no one knew who they were looking for. But all roads out of the city were closed off. No one could get in or out.

However, it was also 2am. On a school night. He had a very stressful day, and all George wanted was to lie in his bed. Because realistically, he wasn't going to get any sleep.

George was walking along the rooftops, for over an hour, hearing police driving around below. Why was he here? He was just as useless as the cops. Aren't they experts at finding criminals.

George sat down on the edge of a rooftop of a tall building, letting his feet dangle as he looked across the city. He would just keep watch from here for a while. It would be more useful than walking around.

But from here, a specific colour did manage to catch his eye. The familiar shade of yellow on the building beside him. He could see Dream lying down on the roof, and could see his chest rising and falling slowly

George sighed and got up, doing a quick run up before leaping over the gap and landing on the same roof at Dream.

But Dream didn't move. George cocked his head to the side in confusion and walked over. When he got closer, he saw Dream's eyes were closed. The bastard is asleep.

George should have woken him up. They were on duty after all, trying to catch a criminal. But as George looked at his partner, who was peaceful as he rested, he didn't have the heart to.

He must be as tired as me

George sat down cross-legged beside Dream, looking at the stars with the comfort of his friend being next to him.

"No please don't." George heard a soft murmur. He turned his head and saw Dream twitch in his sleep.

"It's not my fault- I can't control it." Dream said softly. George stared at him. He was sleep-talking.