Chapter XXXVII- Kaede's BIG Speech

Start from the beginning

"Oh, that sounds like a good idea I suppose. One other thing, who's cooking?" Shuichi pointed at the kitchen door.

She giggled, "Maki told me Kaito wanted to try his hand at cooking for everyone. I think she said he was making a stir fry."

"Seems like you've got everything figured out! Good on you Kaede!" I commented. She chuckled, I could tell she wasn't quite fond of me in the slightest.

I didn't want to stay and listen to her whole speech about being unified. I had already been through that shenanigan once before and she pressed everyone so hard about it. She's so.. FRUSTRATING! Pushing her own will on everyone else like this game revolves around her or something. We hardly even know her.

We sat an an empty table on the right side of the room as Kaede stood on a table in the center of the room whilst fumbling with the megaphone. Soon after, Kaito and Maki came out with trays of stir fry. Maki didn't look happy about being a waitress while Kaito had a proud expression on his face.

As she came to our table, I smirked. "Should I leave a tip?" Her glares intensified. "You're soo scary Maki! Nishishi~"

The megaphone rung out causing everyone to cover their ears. "Uh- sorry!" Kaede cleared her throat. "I know this new motive showing up may be discouraging but that doesn't mean we should just accept this reality!"

"Then what should Gonta do?" Gonta asked.

"We have to find a way out!" Everyone sighed.

Miu went up to the table, "Look titless, we've tried that once before and it didn't fuckin work then. It probably won't now."

"We can't just give up, we have to at least look!"

Kaito scratched the back of his neck, "Kaede, you can't pressure people into doing what you want. I'm with you, but there are others  who aren't, you have to accept that."

Kaede sighed, "I guess you're right but if anyone does want to look, I'm going now!"

"But Gonta wants to eat," Gonta pouted looking at his plate.

"Oh- sorry, I mean after everyone's done eating!"

"Oh but I must sleep, Atua needs energy," Angie commented.

Kaede grumbled, "I guess in the morning tomorrow." She then stepped off the table and went to a table where Rantaro, Angie and Gonta were sitting.

Kaito and Maki got done serving food and came back to our table. I didn't want to stay since they were so close while I was practically an outsider, especially since Maki wanted me dead. Kaito probably wanted me dead as well, I did drag him into my own murder plot after all. 

Before I could make an excuse to leave, Kaito called me to attention, "Kokichi, Shuichi! I have a question for you two."

"What's wrong Kaito?" Shuichi asked.

"Do you guys remember the earthquake?"

I answered for Shuichi, "Nope! No idea, why?"

"Do you remember Shuichi?" Maki could see I wasn't letting him talk.

Shuichi nodded, "No. All I know is that I was brought in with Kokichi and Kaito after it occurred."

"Oh, well sorry. I shouldn't bring it up out of nowhere like that- but it's weird. I kinda remember being in this building, like an office when it started to shake-" I knew that memory all to well but kept listening. "You two were there and we were running around because Kokichi stole Shuichi's hat or something-"

"That is something idiotic Kokichi would do-"

"Your just jealous you don't have the childish demeanor I do Maki!" She scoffed at me.

"Then Kokichi fell and blacked out. Shuichi looked over him as I ran around asking for people to help, but they were concerned about themselves. At one point I think I saw Kaede but I could've been imagining things," Kaito added on.

I mumbled without realizing, "That's different from what I remember."

Kaito shot me a surprised look, "Kokichi! You remember? What do you rememb-"

"Of course I don't, I already said so. I never lie about the important stuff!" I continued spouting that lie.

The conversation after that turned boring and trivial. They made small talk while I silently sat there listening, I was tired as well.

"Kokichi, you seem like you're going to pass out," Maki drew attention to me. "You also haven't been talking, it unlike you."

I sighed, "You're just dying to put me in a chokehold."

"Nevermind, you're too much of a child to take anything serious."

"But this 'child' almost tricked Monokuma!"

"Almost."

Silence filled our table. I then got up with my plate of partially eaten stir fry and went to the kitchen to wash it. Shuichi came into the kitchen soon after carrying three empty plates. I was still in front of the sink rinsing my own dish and he wrapped his arms around my waist while simultaneously washing the three dishes.

When we left, no one was left in the cafeteria. They'd even left their dishes on the tables to be cleaned later. We didn't feel like doing anymore dishes so we went up to the dorms.

"Shuichi, I'm going to sleep in my dorm tonight. Remember to lock your door Shumai!" I smiled at him and he nodded as I then skipped off to my door.

I picked it open then locked it from inside. 

I needed time to think about this memory, Kaito knew more than I did so I guess it's a good thing I didn't leave. This whole memory carfuffle could be something larger than we are aware of.

I plopped on the bed and attempted to think through this new info the rest of the night.

........................................