Cleopatra

A/N: Per requested, smut this chapter!! Skip to the first asterix marks to the second if you don't want to read that.

Kisses, E

Luca POV

Flashback

"You are nothing. You are not even my son." He spits, shooting a bullet at my shoulder. "That's for trying to butt into my business."

Blood oozes through my white t-shirt, the bright red liquid dripping through and into the seams.

End of Flashback

A shuffling in my arms wakes me from my nightmare, my breathing shallow and short. A gentle sigh comes from the woman in my arms, her face nestling into the crook of my neck when the sun beams on her.

'I just can't let Iz and Mom go through what I went through.' I find myself justifying to myself constantly.

The luminosity highlights her golden and hazel locks, soft waves falling freely around her face. I watch as her nose scrunches a little, and her brows furrow slightly.

Memories of her stubbornness last night float into my head, remembering the sound of her teeth chattering from the harsh chill of the night, although she tried to hide it. I had waited until the moment I knew she would actually let me bring her here, with me, although I truly had wished I fucking hadn't when I felt her cold skin.

It makes me more comfortable this way anyway, it means she's safe. The idea that I can always protect her when she's in my arms gives me peace of mind, despite the fact that she enjoys doing everything in her power to make that exact thing impossible for me to do.

I catch the curve of her small waist glistening in the light as well, calling for me to pull her closer. I do so, wanting to feel her body as close to mine as possible. Her arms, which are now wrapped behind the nape of my neck, tug slightly so she can pull herself up. She nuzzles her head to shield herself form the sunlight, allowing me to glance at the alarm clock on her side of the bed over her shoulder.

The clock reads 4 pm, which makes sense considering we probably feel asleep at around 6 am.

I reach my hand up, disrupting the path of light, and successfully casting a shadow over her face.

A shrill, annoying ring suddenly sounds, forcing me to move my hands to cover Ivy's ears while I search for the device in question. I release her from my grip, looking to the general vacinity of where the sound is coming from all while trying to ensure her continuation of sleep.

However, a groan coming from below me shows my attempts were not a success. "Go back to sleep, I've got it." I reassure in a hushed tone, so as to not awaken her further.

I don't wait for a response as I finally peel myself from the bed, trying to find the demon phone quietly, but my generally large frame not really allowing me to do so. The wooden floors creak under the pressure, especially when I squat down to retrieve the ringing cell.

I stand up from my hunched position, the ringing finally stops.

Only for it to start over. Again.

I turn around to find Ivy with her eyes fucking open, despite what I told her to do. Am I really surprised?

She does her thing where she squints her eyes a little in confusion, eyeing the phone.

I hold the phone out to her when I reach the bed, climbing back in and leaning my back against the headboard. My eyes remain trained on her face, gauging her reaction to the Caller at hand.