Alleyway

"So you're saying that the new leader's right hand man is here? In New York City?" I ask.

"Yes." Jack, the man undercover for the Ivanovs, answers.

"What type of idiot sends their top men into my city, after threatening my family?" I mumble to myself.

I've been sitting in this stuffy room with the man I hate, or at least think I hate, on a call about my family's safety, for the past. Three. Hours. A burning sensation has recently presented itself in my stomach, reminding me that I have not eaten since breakfast this morning.

"Okay so what's the plan?" Luca asks, interrupting my thoughts, and shifting his attention towards me.

"We need to figure out where he spends his free time." I answer.

"Why would we need to that?" Luca questions, causing me to shoot a glare his way.

"Jack do you have any intel on that?" I ask, ignoring Luca's remark, which clearly did not go unnoticed, as his crossed arms flexed and the muscles on his jaw began ticking. Something tells me he doesn't like to be ignored.

"Sorry Vee, got nothing." Jack admits.

I sigh and bury my head in hands, rubbing my temples. This mission is turning out to be significantly more complicated that we initially thought.

"Wait." Jack says over the intercom, causing me to quickly raise my head from my hands and my ears to perk up, new hope sparking in me.

"I don't know where he spends his free time, but I did hear some new recruits talking about a restaurant the gang owns in NYC. The Rose Quartz I think? Maybe you could look into that?" He proposes.

"Yeah. Okay. Thank you, Jack. Be safe. Good luck." I sigh, my tone exasperated.

"Bye Vee." He replies, before ending the call.

Me and Luca remain in the small room for the next few minutes, our thoughts consumed with the recent information. 

"Shit." I say finally letting out a breath, breaking the tension in the air. Luca just nods slowly, presumably thinking the same things as me.

"Okay so here's what I think we should do." I begin. "I say we go to this restaurant tonight, Rose Diamond or whatever the fuck it's called, and we try to get some intel out of their men that work there." I offer.

"And how do you propose we should go about that, King?" He interrogates, evidently doubting my plan.

"Just follow my lead." I say to his now neutral face, but I don't miss the irratation that flashes through his features upon being ordered around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's now 9 pm, meaning I should start getting ready for tonight's mission with Luca. I hate to admit it, but I'm kind of curious to find out what working with the most dangerous man in the world is like.

I take my hair out of its ponytail, and let my honey locks flow down. I put on my boots and a tight fitting black pair of pants, with a black leather jacket on top of a grey t-shirt.

I walk down the stairs and plop onto one of the chairs in the kitchen, grabbing an apple and begin eating it, while waiting for Luca to come down, too.

It was about 10 minutes later, after I had finished my apple, that I felt the air around me change. Only slightly, but it was still still noticeable. I looked over my shoulder to see Luca, wearing the most casual outfit I've ever seen him in. He was wearing gray sweatpants and a tight fitting hoodie.