finding new line of work

Hello boys and girls here is the next chapter of my how to train your dragon story and I hope that all of you liked this story so far. Now for my question of the day and that is which of the side characters of the TV series, for me I would need to say that it is Gobber since most of the time he is hilarious. Now with that all said and done let's get on with this story.

Y/n POV

I looked on at the kids in the dragon area from the outside since stoick had made me the supervisor for them incase they need help but right now I was really thinking of dad since he has been getting more depression as of late. Ever since he lost his arm he has been making weapons to kill the dragons but now he has to make nice with them. I can see it in his eyes as well as when he talks that the passion he once had is now gone replaced with a void. Suddenly I heard dragon blasts so I looked down at the arena seeing the twins on top of there dragon as well as slight burn marks on the wall.

Y/n:"all right I think that wraps up class!!"

I jumped down into the arena but Astrid went over to her deadly nadder which did not look good, I placed my hand onto I'm axe but stopped myself before pulling it out. the nadder shot it's spines at snotlout, roughnut, toughnut, sending them into the wall unharmed.

Snotlout:"I've got a question."

He jumped off the wall the nadder spines were keeping him attached too.

Snotlout:"what happens when I set hookfang on you?"

I looked at hiccup since this is going to be his first time asserting his authority over his friends since he need to keep order.

Hiccup:"okay guys that's enough training!"

He said that quite quick but that training seemed more like a tavern quiz than anything.

Hiccup:"so we did some really good work today."

Hiccup walked off as snotlout sat onto of his dragons neck.

Snotlout;"prepare to face the monstrous nightmare!"

He tapped the side of his dragons chin which seemed to cause the dragon to go into a rage, lighting itself in fire causing snotlout to run off his dragon and too a large water bucket.

Y/n:"well that is a good relationship that you two have."

Both hiccup and Astrid walked over to him as he sat in the now probably warm water.

Hiccup:"hookfang never light up when you are riding him, is he okay?"

Astrid:"maybe he realised who his owner is."

Not a bad joke from Astrid but I walked off since class seemed to be over and I wanted to see how dad was doing since when I talked to him before leaving he said he had a plan for his killing things.

Small timeskip to Berk.

I stood in the crowd looking at dad giving a presentation to the crowd of all the different ways that people could use, to be honest this was hard to watch.

Gobber:"gather around one and all, you may think these dragon killing tools have no more use but think again."

Dad walked over to the cart which was filled to the brim with many different types of weapons, he pulled out a sword from it before looking back at us.

Gobber:"this long sword is now-"

Dad picked up a plat which had a slice of bread and a bit of butter atop it.

Gobber:"is now a lovely buttering knife."

He the stored to spread the butter on the bread but all he really did was make breadcrumbs, he looked at the crowd with a smile before realising what he had done.