new way of life

Okay boys and girls here is the first chapter of my how to train your dragon story which will start at riders of Berk and go on from there incase you were curious. Now for my question of the day and that is do you think if you lived in this would would you be able to train a dragon? Personally for me I would have to say no since I'm not brave enough to stand Infront of a wild beast let along. Now with that all said and done let's get on with this story.

Y/n POV

I looked out of my dad's forge seeing hiccup and his friends arriving back on Berk with there dragons. Unfortunately most dragons still are acting like... Well dragons causing all sorts of bother around the village.

Y/n:"when do we decided that keeping the dragons is more than we can handle father?"

I looked at my dad who was pounding away at an axe while I attached the strings to the bows so that there ready for use.

Gobber:"oh, I don't think that there more than we can handle y/n, it's better than the days of kill or be killed."

I nodded since it is at least safer than those days but I know that it still isn't as easy to accept this new reality, then I finished off the bow.

Y/n:"done, I'll take this to the armoury dad."

He nodded so I walked off to the armoury but I did take a shield with me since it was almost three and I am not letting one of those dragons do there business on me. As I walk through the village I do feel both happy and sad, happy that the war with the dragons is finally over but sad that it has caused its own problems for us like the rain of poo at three. I walk up the village and right on cue the dragons start to show the villages with there gifts, I saw hiccup standing under the shield umbrella that bucket and mulch were using to protect themselves, I walked over to them.

Y/n:"I see that you have not come protected."

Hiccup turned to look at me with a smile since we are good friends, we got close during the times when it was kill or be killed since I would also help out in the forge.

Hiccup:"yeah, to be honest I just got back from riding with the other riders."

I nodded.

Y/n:"I still say that you spend too much time with your dragons, try get a hobby without dragons just incase."

Hiccup:"well I don't think that will be necessary."

I nodded though I didn't agree with him.

Y/n:"we shall see young hiccup."

I then walked off to drop the bow off while the dragons should be finishing up there toilet break, as I make my way to the armoury I start to wonder what the people of Berk would think about how I brought us all the gold from my voyage. Now it looks like I was some sort of a war criminal but I don't think it was that bad, especially since I was raised to kill dragons. When I reached out armoury I opened up the door and started to walk towards where we kept the bows. I placed the bow where it was meant to go I walked out while I made sure that my weapons were at my side since the metal used to make them was quite hard to come by.

Small timeskip

I carried one of the barrels containing yack jerky into our store house since there is going to be a freeze. Dad and stoick were talking about what else would need to be stored. When I was in the store house I placed the barrel next to other barrels with yack jerky in them before walking out to see what else I could do.

Mildew:"stoick!"

I saw mildew walking towards us holding his sheep under his arm while also looking angry.