First ride maybe the last

Erwin pov)
Once we made it up to the mountain everyone got out of the trucks. Hanji and the others she brought from the ride unloaded their horses out of her truck, and I unloaded my groups, I showed Levi, Isabel, and farlan how to saddle up their horses and then we went over how to steer them again.

Once everyone was ready to go we rode off, Levi stayed next to farlan and Isabel but later in the slow ride he was next to me, I don't think he noticed but I did.

After riding for a while we decided we wanted to go for a climb, I led the way and we crossed a rocky path that had a bunch of bushes.  I wasn't too worried since I know my horse is going to do everything it can to keep me safe so I continued.  The Rocky hill hadn't changed after about 2 minutes so we all stopped to figure out what path we should take.

"What if we climb against the hill and see if it will get clearer on top of the hill?" Hanji asked,  it wasn't a bad plan, and Isabel, farlan, and Levi seemed like they were doing okay. "Alright let's do that," I said and we moved on Levi was now in the back of the group I stopped and waited for him to catch up,  "go on guys I'm
Gonna let Levi catch up" they nodded and fallowed Hanji

Levi was getting closer to me when a rock under his horse's feet slipped out from under it I could see Levi panic. I jumped down and ran over to him "you alright?" He nodded I could tell it shook him up a bit "do you want to get off and jump on my horse? I'll lead your horse" he nodded "ahem that fine" I'm assuming Levi was trying to act like that little tumble didn't faze him.
Levi with my help jumped down off his horse, I took his horse's rein walking the horse with me over to my backpack. I took out a halter, I decided it would be best to switch the horse's rein with the halter so we didn't have to worry about tugging on the horse's mouth.

(Horses mouths Are incredibly sensitive if you keep tugging on it with the metal bit, it could end up rubbing the mouth raw which is painful for the animal)

I placed the lead rope over the horse's neck just letting it hang loose, and placed the halter over his head I then slipped his rein and bit off. Now the horse will have nothing in his mouth and will be pulled gently by the face.

(Horses are pack animals so they will follow each other while they are out in the wild, horses also will keep watching for each other in case a predator is following them, how they do this is by looking side to side when they hear things. Horses will also tell you when they sense danger always watch their ears it's a dead give away something might be wrong.)

After Levi's horse was all set and ready to go I hopped on uma  "how do I get on?" Levi asked I thought about it. "Give me your hand I'll pull you up," I said as I reached my hand down to him he paused, staring at my hand but grabbed it, I pulled him up and he sat in front of me.

"Why did you pull me to the front?" "I don't know to make sure you didn't fall off behind me?" I wasn't sure what the problem was, I mean if you think about it Levi is quite short and quiet, if he fell behind me while we rode up the hill, there could be a chance that I wouldn't know.

"Does it bother you, Levi?" I didn't want to make him uncomfortable so I thought I should ask he shook his head no "it's fine" I nodded and we continued up the hill with Levi's horse in tow" as we were climbing up I kept watch of uma ears and I paid close attention to how he was acting, nothing I should be worried about at the moment. "So did you panic when your horse stumbled on that rock?" "............little" I didn't know he was gonna answer "remember Levi your horse will protect you" he nodded and kept his head forward.

After a while of looking around for the others, we finally found our way back, they were waiting down by a clearing. I waved my hand and Hanji waved back "what took you guys so long?" "I had to help Levi out, his horse wasn't budging when we wanted it to move so I unhooked it and here we are now"

I lied I didn't want Levi to be embarrassed, "oh well glad your back then we should probably head out now" I nodded, everyone got back on their horse except for Levi, and we headed for the cars.

After a long day, it was nice to be home, Levi and his two friend's horses are staying here with Uma. I hope this won't be the last ride for Levi. I thought to my self as I fell asleep

(Sorry this chapter is so short I have writer's block, if you guys wouldn't mind could you help me pick out a theme for the next chapter)