Chapter 9

Mina POV

Weeks passed by quickly and I didn't dread studying alone anymore since Chaeyoung was right there with me. Yeah she had basketball practice some days but on those days, I don't know how but Sana and Momo convinced me to hang out with them. Either that or I would watch Chaeyoung practice.

"So when's our next date?" I asked her as we walked out of the gym, "Eager are we?" She teased, "I'm just playing with you, not this week though because I have to watch over my cousin's restaurant." She nods, "Do you need an extra set of hands?" I asked. For some reason I found her company quite nice. "Nah, I wouldn't want to tear you away from the highlight of your weekend; studying, studying, and hanging out with your friends."

I wanted to oppose but one of the girls who was watching ran over, "Chaeyoung! Here, this is for you." She handed her a drink. I wanted to laugh but that would make the atmosphere more awkward than it already was. "Uh thanks." She took it, "A bunch of us were going to hang out at the beach, would you like to come? You can bring your friend too." Chaeng looked at me and I shrugged. "We'll meet you there." She took my hand and we walked to the bus stop in silence.

The sun was setting and when we got to the beach there were many people dancing around a bonfire, some were running around, others were sitting sipping something that was probably alcohol.

My heart started racing, every beat was clear and strong yet quick and messy. My breath hitched as I felt my throat closing. I clutched Chaeyoung's arm pulling her back and when she looked at me I shook my head. Without questioning, she put her arm around me and we turned around.

"Thank you Chaeyoung." I said before going in, "No problem, I didn't want to go anyways." She hinted, "I need something before you leave." She opened her arms and I smiled, "Goodbye Chaeyoung." I snuggled in.

- - -

"Channie!" I called him after Chaeyoung left. "What do you want?" He said in a playful tone. "Feelings problems." I fall onto my bed. "Does Myoui Mina have a crush on someone?" He taunts, "I don't know! That's the problem." I sigh loudly, "How about we go out for lunch tomorrow at this awesome restaurant and you can tell me all about them." He proposed, "Deal." I agree, "Pick you up at 11:00!" We ended the call.

- - -

"Where are you going Mina, another date with Chaeyoung?" Sana asked, leaning on the counter. "No, not this week, I'm going out with Bangchan, be back later!" I told Sana before leaving. "Get in!" I see him pull up in his car. "So, where are we going." I sit in the passenger seat. "This restaurant serves the best traditional Korean food, it's literally to die for." He enthusiastically said.

We sat down at a table and ordered some of their signature dishes, "So, tell me about them." He folds his hands together, "She's so caring and other than you and Sana and Momo, she's actually a person I enjoy spending time with." I finish, "And? You like her?" He asks, "I don't know but I might." I said, unsure, "Do you think about her all the time?" He asked, taking a sip of his water, "Kind of?" I didn't think of her all the time...just when I wake up, during school, and before bed. "So then why don't you do anything? Ask her out!" He advised. "We have hung out but I don't know if she likes me, I don't want to feel like an idiot when she rejects me." I sigh..

"Girl...she would be more of an idiot to not like you. You're smart, nice, kind, very cool, and a great dancer!" He complimented which made me laugh, "No, no, no. She's so much better." I argued, "Who is it?" He asked. "Um, Chaeyoung." I looked away. "Myoui Mina! If you don't take her out, I will!" I started giggling pretty loud which earned a few glares from the other customers. "I'm not joking Mina." I shook my head, "Fine, maybe some time in the future."