Chapter 10- "What does sorry even mean anymore?"

Hey you guys! Had to re-write this chapter, apparently it didn't save..

**

Allie's POV

"Why?" He asked, almost hopelessly.

I shook my head, "I don't know." I lied. I knew why, I just didn't wanna tell him straight-up.

'Oh you know, my mom found out you're a drug dealer, and she thinks I smoked weed when we went to your buyer's party.'

He looked at me, with a frown, "Did you come to tell me..Goodbye?"

I took a deep breath, "No, no." I added a nervous laugh, and earned a weird look from Aiden.

"You don't have to lie, if you're gonna, do it now."

I punched his shoulder, "Quit being so dramatic! And besides, I can't break up with you. I-I love you." I whispered quietly.

It felt so right saying that, but now thinking about it, do I really love him?

He reached for my hand, and rubbed his thumb over it, "Whatever happens, remember that."

"Okay." I muttered, with one thought in mind.

Do I love him?

**

Jay's POV

She never responded.

She stopped talking to me at school.

I can't let 15 years of friendship, get flushed down the toilet.

I got up, and left my room, running down the stairs.

"Where you going, sport?" I heard my dad call out. I looked at him, scratching the back of my neck.

"I-I.. Going for a walk, I just need some air.." I lied, cringing at how terrible that sounded.

He rolled his eyes, "You don't have to lie. I know you're going to talk to Allie. NOW GO!" He shooed me out the house, and I grinned.

He's the best dad ever. I started walking towards her place, and took a deep breath, when I came to her house.

I scratched the back of my neck, hesitant to knock on her door. I let out a sigh, as I found myself walking up to her porch.

I lightly knocked on the door, coming face to face with Uncle Shane.

He grinned, pulling me inside. "Jay! Haven't seen you in a while! You or your dad. Well, I was just leaving, Allie's upstairs." He clapped me on the back, and before I could say a thing, he left.

He closed the front door behind him, and I slowly walked up-stairs. Heart pounding, I started thinking.

What if she just slams the door in my face?

What if she doesn't even bother to acknowledge the fact I'm in love with her?

What if-

Before I could finish thinking, I found myself at her door. I let out a shaky breath.

"Allie?" I whispered.

The movement in her room stopped, and I heard her slow, steady breathing.

"Jay?" I heard her strained voice.

I sat down, my back pressed against her closed door.

"Yeah." My voice barely above a whisper. I fiddled with my thumbs, hoping she wouldn't ignore me.

"I'm sorry." She choked out.

Is she crying? Did I make her cry?

"Are you crying?" I asked, gently.

"No." She let out a nervous laugh. I heard her sniffle, and I closed my eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For telling you how I felt, when you obviously were happy with Aiden." I admitted.

She didn't say anything for a long time, before I heard her burst into tears. Loud sobs were heard. I felt my chest tighten.

"Hey, hey, don't cry."

I heard her hiccup, and after me attempting to calm her down, she finally stopped crying.

I fell, as Allie opened the door, and she giggled.

"Not cool." I mumbled. I looked up at her, just as she was rolling her eyes.

Her eyes were puffy from all the crying. She extended her arm, and I grabbed onto it, pulling myself up.

I pulled her into a hug, resting my chin on her head. Her arms wrapped around me, and I smiled. Slowly, my smile faded, just like our moment.

She pulled away, guilt etched on her face. "I-I can't do this." She whispered.

I let out a sigh, "Of course, I'm sorry." I turned, and started to walk away, when she tugged at my arm. I turned to look at her.

"I'm sorry." She let out, her face pained. I shook my head, and walked down the stairs, and out of her house.

***

"So did you talk to her?" My dad asked, as soon as I walked in.

I nodded, closing the front door.

"How'd it go?" He asked, carefully. I walked into the kitchen, and sat on the stool.

He sat down on the stool next to me. He raised an eyebrow. "So?"

I looked at my shoes. "We talked. She pushed me away." I said quietly, not wanting to launch into detail.

"Like physically, where she pushed you and you fell on your ass? Or, emotionally, like all that shit that happens in the movies?"

I looked up at my dad, with a grin. "I guess, both."

He shook his head. "Maybe it was that time of the month. You know how Daniella gets. Damn, she snaps at everybody, and everything!"

I laughed. "She kept telling me sorry."

"Really?"

I nodded,"What does sorry even mean anymore?"

My dad let out a sigh. "A whole lot of bullshit."

**

HEY YOU GUYSS

THE PICTURE TO THE SIDE IS JAYCOB AND ALLIE SITTING.

DIVIDED BY THE CLOSED DOOR. YOU KNOW THE SCENE. :))

I drew it, thats why it sucks butt, lol.