Chapter 13

Curious he says. Curious! Curious my ass. Curious is when it's pouring rain and there's no sun but still a rainbow. Curious is when there's no wind, but the leaves still tumble across the ground. Curious is when the wand that chose Harry Potter had the same core as the one that chose Voldemort! That is curious!

Curious is not when some freaky elf guy barges into Starbucks, kidnaps you then precedes to inject you with various liquids that burn and sting your insides. That is not curious, that is scary and hurts like hell!

But of course Loki would think that's 'curious.' Of course he would.

I groan and roll over in my bed. It's late but outside, the giant planet that's closest to Asgard shines so brightly, it's almost like day time.

Once everything in the tea room had happened, and I had calmed down some, Loki and I met up with Thor and went to dinner. After I said good night to Loki (to which I got no response and just a door slammed in my face), I locked him in for the night. Then I changed into my pajamas and got into bed, assuming I'd be able to fall asleep instantly because I was so tired. Instead, I lay awake into the wee hours of the night, thinking of ways to get to Loki and somehow bond with him.

I had tried today, thinking that maybe if I told him about the thing we have in common, he'd open up a little. But he got pissed off, then I got pissed off, then I made my stupid 'question game' comment and my hand decided to zap him. My hand zapped him. Why did my hand zap him? What's going on with me? How did- NO! I'm on the topic of Loki right now.

Although, before my comment, he had asked me to explain what I had said about me understanding him and maybe if I bring that up again he'll listen. I just can't let him grab the conversation and run. There needs to be some sort of understanding between us if I'm going to be here any longer than the day after tomorrow.

I close my eyes, deciding that tomorrow I will find a time to talk. And when I do he will listen.

***

I wake up with faint remnants of a dream swirling in my head, involving a floating hand and two men who were probably Loki and Odin. The three followed me around the whole time and one man repeated, "Curious, very curious!" over and over while the other yelled at me about different forms of chemical bonds. I remember yelling back, "No! I haven't taken Chemistry in over two years! Please leave me alone!"

My dream fades away, leaving nothing but a small fear of and confusion over hydrogen, and I am left thinking about my inevitable conversation with Loki. He seems to speak his mind the most when not directly asked, so maybe he'll be the one to bring it up.

Probably not, but whatever.

I yawn, then swing my feet over the side of my bed. Instantly, a shiver runs down my spine as my toes touch bare floor. I stand and tip toe quickly to the closest rug then to my closet door and swing it open. Inside, I pull out a warm-looking green tunic and some pants. Once I'm changed, I pull on some boots and walk back out.

Stretching, I make my way over to one of the curtains and pull it aside. When I do, I'm greeted with air that is thick with white puffy snowflakes. My mouth falls open and I swing the glass door wide so I can hurry out onto the balcony already covered in an inch of fresh snow. I look up at the sky, closing my eyes and smiling as the soft crystals fall against my face.

I open my eyes and face the railing to look out over the garden. The flowers and trees are all covered, but somehow the frost hasn't killed anything; the petals and leaves are all the same color as they were when Lifa and I first explored them. I turn my head slowly from side to side, taking in Asgard dressed in white. Everything that I can see from my small balcony is dusted in snow and looks like something from a movie.