Vigor the Visionary

Start from the beginning

We followed the chimes and pushed back a few bushes to see a small cart. We all approached it and Rapunzel read the sign. "Vigor the Visionary. Seer and knower of all. Wow! A real psychic!" Rapunzel said. "I'm right here you know." I said rolling my eyes and Rapunzel immediately shot me an apologetic glance. "S-sorry (Y/n) I forgot this is what you do? Actually...I'm not really sure what you do." Rapunzel said and I rolled my eyes.

"What's wrong? I thought you loved these kinds of things?" Varian asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "There's just something familiar about the energy here. I definitely know who the energy is from, but why he's here doesn't make sense to me." I said and Varian sighed. "If we have to go through another body switching thing like in the forest I think I'm going to go insane." He said and I laughed. "Don't worry. I don't plan on having anyone he me for a long time."

"A real psychic?" Eugene asked before laughing. "Oh no, no, no. There's no such-" "Ahem!" A woman said causing Rapunzel to back away and Eugene to jump. "Gah! Holy quiet shoes!" Eugene yelled and I laughed. "That's what we call instant karma Eugene!" I said laughing.

"Greetings, travelers and fellow witch." The woman said curtsying to me and I did the same. "My name is Madame Canardist. And inside this wagon is the world famous clairvoyant, Vigor the Visionary! He has predicted the fates of emperors, the future of pharaohs, the destinies of dynasties even! And he is offering a once in a lifetime special! One fortune fore a mere five silver pieces." She said and I was smiling wide at the woman and shook Varian's arm excited. 'Ahh Madame Canardist. Always a pleasure to see you. This is the one I've told you about.' I heard Death say in the back of my head.

"Can't you do this kind of stuff yourself?" Varian asked and I nodded. "While I can, it's still a lot of fun to get your fortune told by someone else. Sometimes people will step forward that you might not be able to detect or communicate with. Overall it's always a good experience." I said smiling up at the woman.

"Eugene, did you hear that? Emperors and pharaohs?!" Rapunzel said already entranced by the idea of a fortune teller. "Okay! Well, uh, add princess to that list!" Rapunzel said pushing Eugene into the cart. "Cmon Sapphires! It'll be fun!" I said pulling him into the cart.

"Uh, blondie, you don't actually believe in this psychic business do you?" Eugene asked her. "Well, I don't know if it's real, but what if it is? It's kinda fun to believe in stuff like this." Rapunzel said and I nodded. "Besides if this isn't as amazing as it's let out to be, I can just give you a tarot reading of a lifetime." I said smiling at both of them. "See! (Y/n) can do this stuff for us and she believes in it!" Rapunzel said and suddenly the doors slammed shut causing me to jump into Varian slightly.

"Silver. His omniscience requires five pieces of silver." The woman said holding out a black bag. I reached into my satchel and pulled out five sliver pieces. "Don't worry about the charge. Vigor reads fellow witches and fortune tellers on the house." She said and I smiled. "Then I definitely owe you a favor Madame Canardist." I said and Rapunzel placed her silver pieces into the bag.

"Cmon that's not fair! What if I was a witch or warlock or whatever?" Eugene asked. "You could never be one." Madame Carardist said and I laughed. "Especially not with that attitude." I added in and Varian pulled my sleeve and I turned to look at him. "How does she know you're a witch?" He asked. "Witches can tell if someone else is a witch by how they talk, their energy, and who or what's around them. I knew she was a witch because someone I know and am close with os or has been here as well. She knows I'm one because of my energy and Death is here as well." I said and he nodded.

"Prepare to be astonished. He's telekinetic, he's telepathic, and he'll..." She started reading from her hand and I smiled. "Tele-you-the-future!" She said. "Oh man." Eugene said earning a shove from Rapunzel. "How long is this going to be?" Varian asked and I crossed my arms at him and he sighed.