|| a house full of sinners ||

tEXas anGst
because uh, I feel like venting, and this man probably has some religious trauma somewhere in there

tw! religious trauma, panic attacks, mentions of abuse
===========

Texas stumbled his way down the pathway of the lone town. Surely if anyone was awake they would've told him that he shouldn't be out there. It was pitch black aside from a few lanterns here and there.

The lady laid down another hard smack onto his arm as he desperately cried out.

He didn't mean to go any specific direction, just wanting to get away from that damn building. He didn't want to be anywhere near it, especially it's people.

She grabbed at his face, digging her nails into the sides of his cheeks. He could hear her shouting to stop crying, to wipe off those tears and understand how he'd sinned.

The only noise audible was a few animals who had been moving around in the nearby bushes. That and Tex's quiet breathing and gasps as he trying to remain calm. He hated himself for it.

"Stop crying!"

Why couldn't he stop?

"You want to see your Mama again in heaven right?"

He didn't deserve to see her again.

"Suppose it doesn't matter, you don't act like you care anyways."

"If you did you'd learn to behave."

"Are you listening?"

Texas clutched at the sides of his face and fell to the ground trying to catch his breath. Why couldn't he understand? Why did the people at church hate him so much? Did he do something wrong? And why did they have to hurt him so much?

His breathes soon turned to sobs as he started to lose himself more and more.

"It's your fault we're acting like this."

I'm sorry for whatever I did.

"We love you."

They love me.
I think..

"We're trying so hard to make you happy."

They just wanted to make him happy. So why was it every time he went over there they made him feel so much worse? He couldn't understand, and that's what made him more upset. He just couldn't. No matter how many times they explained it, constantly repeating themselves over and over, yet he still couldn't stop wondering why it had to be him.

Not like he'd wish this upon anyone else. He didn't want him or anyone else to know how that felt.

He desperately trying to calm down but he just kept crying. What if they told his papa? What would he do to him? It'd be even worse then whatever the church could do.

I want my mama.

He didn't want to go home.

I want this all to end

If he went home he'd be beaten for sure.

What's that sound?

Could he leave?

Are those footsteps?

If he left, no one would be able to hurt him anymore.

Why are they getting closer?

"Texas?"

The southern boy was terrified to looked up. His heart started beating fast as he was about to get dragged home by someone.

But that didn't happen.

He looked up to see a boy around his age. With wavy, chocolate colored hair, and a way to oversized miner's coat covering his dirty t-shirt. He had wore down blue jeans with tears in the front from kneeling, and dirty, untied black shoes. He had a look of genuine worry as he reached out his hand to help Tex up.

"Poppy?"

.
.
.
.

Ah yes, the boys
you know the vibes ig