|| high fever ||

Kind of some Louisiana x California(?)
At least some scene allude to it-

=====

He honestly couldn't be more grateful that everyone was already asleep.

It was around 1am last time he checked, but despite the dazed state he was in, he knew it had been a while since he'd checked the clock once again. He stumbled around to face the clock on the brim of the oven.

3:57 am.

Lovely.

He rubbed the bridge of his nose and leaned up against the counter. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. It had been a good few days since he'd gotten this far from his room because of his sickness. It didn't help the fact that he could practically feel his fever getting worse by the minute. But he couldn't sleep, and he'd drank all of his last cup. He just wanted a cup of water, and then he'd leave. Simple.

Carefully, he guided himself across the kitchen, still clenching onto the sides of the counter to keep his balance. He manages to slide a cup out of the dish washer, and pour himself some tap water.

Cali smiled to himself, honestly somewhat proud of himself for such a small task. But then he remembered what he had to do now. He looked up from his cup and looked over at the stairs.

This may be a problem.

Cali just noticed how much his hands had been shaking. He gently tried setting down his cup, already feeling himself getting lightheaded. He just barley managed to place down the cup of water, right before he fell on the hard wood floor.

He could feel the world spinning, not having the strength to lift himself back up. For a few brief seconds he could've swore he was going to lose consciousness, as dark clouds surrounded his vision. Although he didn't pass out, he was now very dazed and couldn't get himself to stand up again even if he tried.

After a few painful attempts, he gave up. He didn't want to wake anyone up from the loud ruckus he was causing, and the pain from the first fall was just adding on to his fever.

He didn't know how long he'd laid there, he was honestly still too lightheaded to fully understand his surroundings yet. He didn't even notice the sound of the front door opening.

~~~~~~~~~

The two were a bit surprised to see the kitchen light still on, being that it was already past 4am. Not that they had much to talk, considering one of them was holding a shopping bag, and the other had a pack of white claw. They quietly shuffled inside and closed the door, making their way to the kitchen. Clinging to the cabinet door on the floor, was California.

"Cali?"

California looked up to see both Loui and Florida. He still couldn't fully process what was going on anymore, but he did notice their genuine looks for concern, which was quite a rare thing to see from them. It confused him.

"Dude aren't you suppose to be in bed? You have a fever, right?" Florida questioned. He put down his pack and walked over to him.

Louisiana bent down to Cali's level placed his hand over Cali's head, caught off guard with the intense burning feeling.

"Damn right he has a fever. What are you even doing down here?" Neither of the two expected to have that question answered. Both of them knew very well that Cali was not in the best state of mind at the moment, delusional if you will. Even if he did get a respond, it wouldn't matter.

Before California knew it, he was helped back on his feet by Loui, and leaning on his chest. He hear him murmur something to Florida, and then started helping Cali back to his room.

Right as they got to the stairs, Cali was about to get ready for the slow process that that would be. That is, before Loui just picked him up bridal style and started walking up the stairs. A part of him wanted to make a big deal about it, about how that this was dangerous, but he just cuddled up to Loui's chest. He was so much cooler then he was.

They'd gotten to California's room, and Loui gently plopped Cali back on his bed. He saw Loui's mouth moving, but couldn't make out what he was saying. He tightened his grasp on the blankets around him, some tears slipping down his cheeks. He used what strength he could to form words.

"I'm so sorry.." It came out as almost a whimper, but the other could just make out what he'd said. He gave him a sympathetic look, and ran his fingers through his hair. Kneeling down in front of the bed, he gave a soft smile.

"Don't apologize. This isn't your fault. Hey now, don't cry." He gently wiped the tears away, and cupped his cheek. He, in all honesty, couldn't tell if he was upset because of the pain, or because of his very loopy state. It was probably both. Loui could tell how much pain he was in just by how much he was burning up, and if he didn't know any better he'd think Colorado had lent him some of his stash. It was somewhat amusing, but he really did feel bad for him.

Florida opened the door barley a minute later, sliding across into the room with his socks. He placed the cup of water Cali had gotten, and a tupperware filled with water and a cloth on the small bed stand next to them. He strained the cloth, and dropped it on the former's forehead, making a "boop" sound as he set it.

Loui snickered, and turned back to Cali, who was very close to passing out again. He caressed his hair once again, with the other barley turning back to see him. Before Florida could poke some dumb joke, California shut his eyes, and his quiet snores were the only sound coming for the room.

The two stumbled out of the dark room as discreetly as possible, and gently shut the door.

"What would he do without us?" Florida whispered, a grin on his face.

"Bet he won't remember nothing in the morning."

"Don't worry, we'll still have teasing rights."

Loui chuckled as they headed back downstairs. They weren't gonna let him live this down for a while.
.
.
.
.
.

It do be kinda rushed
fever goes brrr