{twentyfive}

{in which:
THE BIG APPLE BABY}

***

"Flight 493 Los Angles California to Newark New Jersey!" the speaker boomed through the airport. Alex and Reagan looked at one another, smiling they got out of there seats with there small backpacks on for carry on. It was 12 am, meaning they would be in new york by at least 7am EST.

"Are you sleeping the whole flight?" alex asked as they walked towards the boarding door. Handing the staff there tickets reagan looked over at alex to answer. "Usually I do but night flights are my favorite so depends," she looked back over at the woman and smiled as she passed the tickets back, the two now boarding the plane.

"I've been on planes too much," reagan muttered as they took there seats, reagan choosing the window seat leaving alex to sit next to her in the aisle seat. "I like traveling, mostly by cars but this will do," he shrugged, taking off his backpack and putting it at his feet. Before sitting back he opened the bag and took out a blanket. He reclined the seat slowly and took off his beanie to get comfortable.

"So you're going to sleep?" reagan giggled as she panned through the movie selection. "Maybe," the boy yawned, turning over to lay his head on reagan's shoulder. "What movie are you watching?" he asked, adjusting the blanket to fit the both of them. "Not sure," she replied, the marvel films catching her eye as she played spider man, far from home.

"Good choice," alex mumbled, reagan looked down to see his eyes practically shut. To be fair she had no idea wether he had slept at all the entire day, or if he over worked himself before leaving for new york.

The flight attendant gave the speech, showing where the masks are, how to sit and buckle up for turbulence. Reagan plugged her headphones into the small screen, ignoring the woman who spoke. The sound boomed into her ears as she stared out the window as the plane finally took off.

She watched as they reached the clouds that always seemed to look better at night. The way the sky made the ambience so much more perfect was definitely on reagans top ten favorite things.

***

Alex knew exactly why he was exhausted, why all of his other friends were exhausted. They would be in New York from Friday to Monday. Sunday was an important day, as it was of course valentine's day, and alex wanted to have a perfect date with reagan.

He planned so much out, he wanted this to be the time he asked her out. He planned to ask her out after taking her to a restaurant, his goal was to ask her in times square. He stayed on a call most of the day while he packed, and stayed up all night the previous night to plan how it would go.

For reagan he wanted it to be perfect. The group had already planned to go out for a large valentine's day meal, alex wanted it to be a sophisticated restaurant. They all agreed but left him to figure out which one.

But by the time he was fully packed and plan was ready to go. He went to lay down, his phone began ringing and reagans contact appeared, it was already time to head to the airport.

Thus leading him to be passed out on the whole way to New York.

***

"How far is this place?" alex asked a yawn escaped his lips as they sat in the uber. "We were in Jersey and we have to get to new york, i don't like on the east coast but i don't think it's a 30 minute drive," reagan explained as she rested her head on alex.

She could feel him shaking, looking to the hand that wasn't occupied it was also shaking. She sat up straight and looked over at alex, "are you okay?" she asked quietly. He looked over at her, "of course i am," he replied. "Just some pre meet up gitters," he looked down at his hands to show as the shook.