Chapter 27

LAST CHAPTER OF BOOK 1

David drives you, Emma, and Mary Margaret to where Granny is watching Henry. He is swinging on a rope swing. But what's odd is that Gold is also there.

"Gold." David notices, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, my son made it clear I'm to stay away from him, so I'm spending some time with my grandson instead.

~to be fair... when Neal WAS here, you didn't even pay any attention to him... just sayin.~

Mary Margaret turns to Emma,
"Emma, it's ok. Why don't you talk to Henry, and we'll handle this."

She nods and makes her way to Henry after she is out of earshot, Mary Margaret turns to Gold,

"Mr. Gold, we have some news to share with you, and it's not good."

"Not interested."

"It's about your son." David blurts

"Yeah. What about him?"

"Tamara shot him."

"What? He's dead?"

"They used a bean to open a portal. Neal was hurt so badly that he fell through. He's gone."

"Bae wasn't supposed to die." Gold mutters to himself

~What the hellsbells is that supposed to mean?~

"Greg and Tamara—" David continues, "They took something from Regina — a magical trigger. A fail-safe in the curse that could destroy Storybrooke."

"If they activate it, it's a self-destruct. Everyone not born in this world will die." Mary Margaret explains

"I know this is hard, but we need your help."

"No." he states

"WHAT?" you interject "They killed your son in cold blood,  and you don't wanna stop them?"

"They didn't kill my son. I did"

~oh, come on Gold don't start going all "Noble" on me.~

"I brought magic into this world to find Bae, and now he's dead. Magic always has a price, and this — this is it. But I'm prepared to pay it."

"But... we'll die" Mary Margaret comments, "You'll die."

"Well, I've made my peace with that." He responds as he turns and walks away.

~Well... that was unexpected.~

You look to Emma and Henry; she is hugging him as they both cry and walk back to the three of you.

Everyone loads back into the truck and returns to the loft, where Regina is waiting. When Henry enters, Regina immediately holds her arms open,

"Henry!"

"Mom!" he runs and hugs her. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.

"Regina" Emma looks to her, "Was that..."

"Yes. The Diamond was activated."

"So, we're all gonna die." Henry asks

"You were born here, so you'll live."

"But... I'll be alone."

"That's not gonna happen. I'm not gonna let it." Emma reassures Henry before turning to Regina, "You did this, now make it stop."

"I can't, there's no way."

"WELL, FIGURE IT OUT! IT'S YOUR FAULT"

"Jeez Emma, stop screaming." You butt in