Chapter 2

"You guys go on; I need to talk to Gold about something..."
You turn back to face Gold.
"Gold. I need your help..."
"and what would that be Miss Morgan?"
"My Mind Magic cuff I need it. Everything is... loud. The thoughts, the memories, the emotions. I can't take it."
"and why would I help you... what will I be getting in return?"
"Well... what do you want?"
"Your sister... Emma"
"Yes. I'm familiar with Emma" you say in the blandest and most sarcastic tone you can muster.
"She owes me a favor."
"and what? You think she'll back out on her deal"
"No, because if she did, she would most certainly regret it."
"Then what do you want from me?"
"I want you to do a favor for me as well."
"What does that have to do with Emma."
"I'm guessing that the two favors could possibly overlap."
"Ok... deal..."

Gold heads to the back of the shop and returns with a box. In the box is your cuff. With it on, it helps silence all the voices and thoughts in your head. The cuff is more like a gold bracelet, made especially for you. When you put it on, it adjusts to the size of your wrist, so it won't involuntarily fall off.

 When you put it on, it adjusts to the size of your wrist, so it won't involuntarily fall off

^Your Cuff^

~FLASHBACK~

You are three years old, sleeping, in tears. It's a dream you think... you can't describe it. It's so loud. You can't make it be quiet. Your parents run in,
"(y/n). (y/n), sweetheart. Wake up." Snow lightly shakes you
You shoot up, soaking in sweat and tears, you expected the voices to stop but, they are still there.
"What happened?" David asks
"It's so woud" you cry out while holding on to your mother.
"What is?"
"I don't know?! It just won't stop!"
"David, something is wrong." Snow whispers, trying her best not to upset you further.
"Well, what do we do?" he whispers back,
Just then the Blue Fairy appears, fluttering down to where you are,
"Blue, thank goodness. We need your help. We don't know what's wrong with (y/n)."
"It's ok, Snow. I am here to help," she then turns to you, "My dear, (y/n)..." but before she can utter another word,
"It's so woud" you scream and grab your head with your tiny hands, trying to get it to stop. Not uttering another word, Blue waves her wand and a bracelet appears in her hand, it's a tiny gold cuff.

"What is that?" Snow asks as Blue leans down and puts the cuff on your wrist. And within a few seconds, all the voices stop.
You stop crying and look up to her with tear-stained eyes,
"tank you."
"Oh, sweetie are you ok?" Snow brings you into her lap and hugs you tightly.
"Yes mommy. Wha was dat?" you ask, and Snow looks to Blue for an explanation.
"(y/n), is a very special girl. She is a part of an ancient prophecy, that says, the first daughter of the truest of loves is destined to have a very special and powerful kind of magic called Mind Magic... and she will be the only one who will have this magic."
"What is Mind Magic?" David inquires
"No one really knows, the prophecy was very vague, but supposedly she will be able to read the minds, feelings and memories of others, and is immune to memory magic, for a start"
"That doesn't explain why she was just screaming..."
"Actually, it does, her powers have just started to develop, what she was hearing was all of the thoughts, feelings and memories of the citizens of the kingdom. They were entering her head at once. The cuff I created for her, it will control the voices, so she can't hear them. One day, she will have to learn to control the voices, but for now the cuff will to the trick"