Chapter 25: Jane's POV

A/N: I was on vacation and got back yesterday! An update at last! Thanks to all of my readers for getting me to 3K!! Without further babbling I present... Chapter 25!

~*~

No! I knew he was out there! I knew he wanted to hurt Teresa and me but I still left! Now she and Annie are with Him and it's all my fault!!

I'm speeding down the highway when I let out a yell and hit the steering wheel. Hard. I couldn't lose her, wouldn't lose her, especially not to Him. This game had been going on for far too long and I've managed to endanger the people I love. Again.

I pull up at the FBI and jump out of the car as it screeches to a halt. I run up the stairs and burst into Aabott's office, gasping for breath.

"Jane?" He asks confused, looking up from his paperwork.

"It's, it's Teresa and Annie," I lean over a chair to try and catch my breath, "He, He, Red John, He has them. I-I don't know where. I tried to call her but her phone was off. Annie's was too. Dennis what do we do!?" I exclaim and straighten up, running a hand through my hair. I can't lose them.

"Dammit!" Aabott exclaims and rushes past me and into the bullpen, "Wylie, Cho, Fischer. Now!"

The trio quickly surrounds the two of us with worried looks. Under normal circumstances I would have laughed and said they looked like lost puppies, but not today.

"What is it?" Cho asks stoically, his hands on his hips, "Everything okay?"

"No, it's not." He runs his hand down his face and continues, "Lisbon and Annie have been taken. All resources will be used to aid in their safe return. Wylie," The blond looks up, his eyes reddening, "Run a GPS search on their phones. See what you can find out. Everyone else, with me." He waves his hand in the direction of the elevator and we all follow, my heart still racing.

~*~

"Jane where might she be?" Aabott asks calmly as we drive throughout town, "Where might He have taken them?"

"I, I don't know." I stutter, "We have to find them! I love her." I manage to choke out, "I don't know where he'd take them. Malibu's gone. I, I just don't know!" I cover my face with my hands and start to cry. This can't be happening. Not now, not to them.

~*~

After some minutes of silence I hear Aabott's phone ring quietly. I continue looking out the window but am still paying attention, as always.

"Yeah Wylie, what did you find?"

"Uh," He begins quietly, "both their phones are off but I did find something."

"Well what is it then?" Aabott urges and I suddenly feel both sick and excited at the same time. We could find them, or we could find them.

"Their phones were active until about 5 hours ago, the GPS cuts out around the Canyonlands Wildlife Refuge. It's about," I hear him clicking keys on his computer, "about 50 miles from your current location. I'm sending it to your phones now."

"Thanks Wylie, call me if you get any updates."

"Yes, Sir."

I rub my eyes and scratch my chin as Dennis turns on the lights and sirens, speeding towards the refuge.

Something is wrong. Something isn't right but I don't know what. I just have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that something even worse is going to happen.

~*~

Short chapter :) make sure to vote, comment, and follow! As always, thank you for your persistence and support of my writing!💕