Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Taylor leaves the house after she looks in the mirror for the one last time. As she arrives at the venue, everyone is in fancy outfits. As she walks in with the ethereal glow on her face, the attendants turn their heads, a lot of men check her out covetously while a lot of ladies glare at her with jealousy in their eyes, making Taylor shiver a bit uncomfortably. She scans through the crowd, looking for Joe. They agreed to meet at the event and Taylor promised him that she would call him if she couldn't find him.

"By any chance, have you seen Joe Alwyn-"She approaches and asks one of the guys standing next to a table with a glass of champagne in his hand, chilling around.

"Alwyn's Business? Yeah, there's the table. I see Joe has a gorgeous plus one..." The man wiggles his brows and points to the table near the corner. Taylor thanks him and heads towards that table, hoping to see Joe there. When she notices a blonde-haired guy who has just actually turned around, his sparkly ocean blue eyes that she can recognise anywhere. It's Joe. Separating them is just a crowd.

Taylor blushes and squeals, feeling like an inkling of joy. She speed-walks in her evening flawless gown while whispering "excuse me." to go to the other side of the venue. She let her hair down making the smooth honey dripping over her shoulders, she tucks the strands of hair that block her sight behind her ear, looking down at the ground to hide her burning red cheeks. She takes a deep breath and taps on his shoulder, expecting a "WOaH" with gasps and compliments he always gives her at events and every morning when she walks into his office.

Joe senses a soft tap on his shoulder, he feels annoyed as he hates it when someone interrupts conversations, especially when he is talking to someone he fancies.

(A/N: Dear readers, prepare yourself, cuz what comes next is nothing like you've ever imagined... it's bad, but one of you guys was correct.)

Turning his head around, Joe's jaws drop as he cannot imagine a prettier view in front of his eyes. He lets out an inaudible gasp as his eyes double in size, definitely did not expect to see the person in front of him. His body is still facing the table.

"Hi." Taylor grins at him while moving left and right to show off her gown. Waving her hand, her red lips curl upwards as her blue eyes shine like stars at night.

"Taylor..." He says in his breathy voice while scratching his shaved bare chin. Another blonde head laying on his chest turns around.

"Oh my- Tina?" Taylor gasps as she faces the lady in a blue gown. Her eyes come across Joe's black suit, his tie isn't what his stylist showed her, nothing like purple. It's a blue one. They have matching colour outfits, now I am not supposed to be here.

(A/N: If I'm Joe's stylist, I'd be mad)

"Um...Joseph baby, why is your assistant here? Didn't you say it is a date night for just the two of us?" Tina scoffs in disbelief as Joe closes his eyes and grunts.

"Eh...Um, miss assistant, why are you here? Ha...ha" Joe shakes his head and raises one eyebrow, waiting for Taylor's answer as if he isn't the one who is at fault. Taylor's grin vanishes as she bites her lips, not knowing what to do.

"I-I, Joe? You asked me if I will attend this event and I said yes. You were happy with my answer. And most importantly, I told the host to save us only two seats, so one of us has to leave. Tina?"

"What? You are expecting me to- LEAVE?!!" Tina screams, making several people stop their conversation and look at the three.

"Oh yeah, Tina's not leaving. You are! Taylor, you're not even supposed to be here!"Joe roars out words that sting, Taylor's eyes are wide open, looking at Joe in shock.