Chapter 8

This is a bit longer compared to the parts I write usually. I'm so glad that I have the time to give you guys an update. Freaking out right now cuz I've been getting so many new ideas and I wanna write them all out. Anyways, enough about me, now enjoy this part! :)

Chapter 8

Taylor recently applied Hermia and Henry to preschool instead of continuing staying in the nursery, though the walk to preschool is 5 minutes further from the nursery, she believes that the school fee she paid is worth it since it would be a better environment for the twins to start learning and easier to adapt to elementary school a few years later. (A/N: I'm dumb and was today years when I learned that preschool and nursery are different...kids' schools are so complicated lol and if there is any mistake in calculations, I'm so sorry about that.)

Taylor's phone rings and the caller ID shows boss Joe. Taking out her phone, she immediately presses the light green button to accept the phone call.

"T, have you prepared for my presentation later for the new clients?-" His deep voice bursts out from the speakers of the phone bringing a smile on Taylor's face.

"Yes, they are already. I sent a copy of the slides I prepared for you to your email, when will-" Taylor confirms proudly.

"Thank you." He then hangs up the phone leaving Taylor confused and worried.

"Joe? It's almost two, we have a meeting in 10 minutes." Taylor barges into his office, only finding his chair empty, no signs of Joe. She pulls out her phone from her medium skirt pocket and checks the time. 8 minutes left. She gasps as sweat begins to form on her forehead. She rubs her hand on her face while her heartbeat rises. It hit her that she might have to face the clients and survive through this meeting alone without Joe. She hates meetings, especially when she knows there might be a chance that she has to speak up in front of her colleagues.

(A/N: Doesn't this sound familiar? You in zoom class? lmao)

Scrolling through her contact list to find Joe's name while packing up the files and the presentation notes she had written for Joe who is currently absent. Her breath hitches and finally finds the name she has been finding for the last 30 seconds. Sighing with her eyes closed in exhaustion, she impatiently waits for Joe to accept her call.

Your call has been forwarded to Joe Alwyn's voicemail. Currently busy. Please leave your message after you hear the "beep" sound, when you've finished recording your message, you may hang up or press 1 to repeat your message, press 2 to record again, press 3 to continue your message.

Shaking her head although she has already accepted that she is going to do this meeting alone when Joe vanished 10 minutes before the meeting which is so unlike him. She wraps her arms around herself, takes a deep breath and picks up the stuff for the meeting then heads off to the conference room. An employee should never show up late, especially when you work for such a prestigious company.

Preparing everything for the meeting, the projectors, the slides to present, she reads the counterpoints under the medium-sized words and puts down markings to remind herself for the meeting in 3 minutes.

Taylor's pov

I've never done anything as crazy as this since working here, doing a presentation that I did not prepare for hours though I made the slides and notes. Usually, I would inform Joe of the schedule of meetings and he would write down some marketing strategies and plans with some elaboration, then he would email me the information for me to prepare him slides and note cards and lastly brief him on the presentation a day before since he barely has time for all these stuff.